Commercial Contract Manager/Commercial Contract Advisor
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Commercial Contract Manager/Commercial Contract Advisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Commercial Contract Manager in Kongsberg Maritime reporting to Vice President Commercial - Propulsion & Engines.
In this role you will be delivering commercial contract advice and support to the business pre- and post- contract signature, including negotiating various types of agreements with customers through-out the contracting life-cycle.
You will advise the business on key contract issues, identifying and mitigating risks together with your colleagues in sales and project management. The team you will be joining is part of the Commercial & Contracting function in Kongsberg Maritime.
As a Commercial Contract Manager, you will be part of our Propulsion & Engines division. The Propulsion & Engines division of KM offers a wide range of products and systems for a wide variety of commercial and Naval vessel types. Our propulsion business builds on a rich heritage: 80 years of delivering propellers, 11,000 Thrusters delivered, 10,000 Waterjets, Products on 30,000 vessels, 4000 customers, and Deliveries to 70 Navies around the world.
- Advice, negotiate and draft terms and conditions, using judgement in balancing commercial/legal considerations against the requirements of the business
- Support the business in various types of commercial agreements linked to our sales initiatives globally.
- Drive the timely resolution of claims, disputes and litigations in cooperation with corporate legal and insurance support
- Drive compliance with company policy on use of advisers, anti-bribery, and export control compliance
- Act as a point of contact and liaise with Treasury department for agreement for Bank guarantees, and other payment securities
- Provide commercial awareness and contracts training to sales and project management teams.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated at minimum bachelors degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as law, finance or business administration, preferably with credits in contract law.
- Relevant experience in previous commercial contracting or legal roles is advantageous.
- Experience in commercial contract negotiations within demanding timescales
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial contract law and principles
- Experience from a matrix organization, managing stakeholder relationships is an advantage
- The ability to draft commercial agreements in English.
- Experience and knowledge of Naval/defence contracting would be advantageous.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
Candidates with limited experience may be considered for a role as Commercial Contract Advisor as a development position based on experience and education.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- understand the organization's informal rules and structures and utilize political processes effectively to get things done
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
You will be required to travel in this role.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS through people, technology and dedication
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
- 6009 Ålesund
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass,
- Industri og produksjon
Commercial, Manager, Advisor, Law, Legal
|Sist endret||24. jan. 2023 15:21|