Project Engineer - Hardware Engineering
- Kongsberg Maritime - Integrated Solutions
- Project Engineer - Hardware Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Project Engineer - Hardware within Vessel Systems. Vessel Systems is a delivery unit in Kongsberg Maritime and is responsible for our core markets. Vessel Systems Hardware Engineering & Support Offshore delivers world class ship automation systems to vessels worldwide. Your main responsibility will be Hardware Engineering.
Our projects are new shipbuilding with integrated automation systems, control systems, dynamic positioning systems and autonomy. We deliver our products to all types of vessels in the high-end market. Our department is responsible for hardware engineering of our deliveries for the offshore segment, in close cooperation with other members of the project teams.
In this role you will be part of a team with highly skilled engineers who assist each other and cooperate well with professional challenges and contribute towards common goals.
- Hardware engineering for Kongsberg Maritime core products, including automation, dynamic positioning, thruster control, consoles and navigation products.
- Technical documentation and drawings
- Ordering hardware to project deliveries
- Follow-up project plans/deliveries
- Supporting classification related tasks
- Assist project manager in daily tasks
- Close cooperation with other departments, e.g. sales department, product department and local offices globally
- Be hardware responsible in multiple project teams
- Limited travelling might be required
Qualifications and experience
- Educated from technical or maritime university, Bachelor of Science or similar
- Technical work experience may compensate for formal education
- Experience from hardware engineering is beneficial
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stefan Warlo Samuelsen, Manager, + 47 95 88 52 71
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS through people, technology and dedication
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
- 3616 Kongsberg
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Automasjon og instrument,
- Ingeniør / Kybernetikk
hardware, engineer, automation, maritime, navigation
|Sist endret||23. jan. 2023 18:46|