Would you like to put your mark on the energy storage revolution?
- Research Engineer - CVD coating
Vianode AS is owned by Elkem, Hydro and Altor and was established early 2021. We aim to become a leading solutions provider to the fast-growing battery industry.
Our advanced anode material is a key component in lithium-ion battery cells and our products contribute to increased range for electric vehicles, faster charging, long life, and increased safety.
Our efforts and sustainable solutions are crucial for the green change.
Our first industrial plant for production of anode graphite is being built at Herøya and start of production in first phase (fast-track) will be in 2024.
In a research position with Vianode you would design and conduct trials in our lab scale and industrial pilot plants specifically toward CVD coating development. Characterize and test materials in our advanced electrochemistry laboratory. Also prepare data on materials for internal and external presentations and work with the pilot process team for scale up of new anode materials.
A high degree technical capability and drive is required to understand and resolve technical problems as well as interpersonal skills and ability to analyze and explain results.
Areas of responsibility:
- Materials development and testing for the anode projects
- Interact with suppliers of raw materials and equipment
- Design test programs, participate with the process team on producing pilot scale batches of material and conduct tests on new materials
- Work with other development team members and pilot plant team to design, conduct and analyze test programs on finished products
- Be updated on the technology status in the field of anode materials for lithium-ion battery cells
Qualifications required for the position
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in materials science, chemical engineering or chemistry
- Experience in any of the following:
- Carbon materials chemistry
- CVD coating
- Li-ion anode materials
- Experience from working in industry
- Able to find solutions to complex technical problems
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Inquisitive nature and motivated by problem solving to find innovative solutions to complex process and technology challenges
- Self-driven and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, in an international setting
The position reports to R&D Director and is located in Kristiansand.
Vianode, an Elkem company, is a producer of sustainably engineered battery materials that increases safety and reduces charging time in electric vehicles and other sophisticated energy storage applications.
- Drammensveien 169, 4620 Kristiansand S
- Kjemisk industri,
- Industri og produksjon
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør,
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi,
anode, battery, graphite, Cvd, coating
|Sist endret||23. jan. 2023 15:51|