- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Norway, previously known as Life Technologies, produces and develops Dynabeads that are used in several billion diagnostic tests worldwide. It is a critical component in one of the most promising cancer treatments and is an industry standard in sample preparation products in the research market. The beads are world famous for their unique specifications and manufacturing process, which allow use of beads in advanced life science applications.
In Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are working for the right reasons in the right way, and our culture is highly characterized by pride. We are proud to work with a Norwegian technology that contributes to saving lives, proud of our product portfolio, our relationships with customers and proud of our mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our Norway site is ranked as a Great Place to Work, year 2017 winner of the Norwegian Research Council’s Innovation Prize, the winner of Norwegian Tech Award and the winner of Norges Smarteste Industribedrift.
Summer Interns - Research and Development, Process Engineering
We are looking for 5 summer interns across several different fields such as chemistry, biotechnology, biology, nanotechnology, process chemistry and technology, engineering, and analytical chemistry to work in our development departments. You will work 9 weeks starting June 19th and finishing mid-August including 1 week paid vacation.
As a summer intern you will be able to use your education in relevant projects, assisting scientists in research and development of products, processes, or analytical methods.
This is a great opportunity to gain insight and experience into some of the most interesting technology in the industry and to work for one of the largest biotechnology companies in the world.
What we are looking for:
- A desire to gain experience in an industrial biotechnology and chemistry R&D setting
- 3rd and 4th grade bachelor’s/integrated master’s/master’s students are eligible
- University student in one of the following disciplines:
- Organic chemistry
- Biotechnology, industrial biotechnology
- Process chemistry
- Analytical chemistry
- Molecular and cellular biology
- Biophysics and nanotechnology
- Process engineering/industrial chemical engineering
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting or pilot facility is an advantage
- Experience with statistical methods (MVDA, Design of Experiments) is an advantage
- Good general IT-knowledge
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language (both written and verbal)
What we offer:
- Experience from working for a global industry leader
- The chance to work with the best team in the business
- Hands-on experience in an industrial manufacturing facility and modern laboratory facilities
- Get to know our flagship product, Dynabeads?, technology that makes the world healthier, cleaner, and safer
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsibilities are subject to your educational field and will vary across projects and departments.
- Participating in research and development, or engineering projects
- Preparing and participating in lab-experiments, or engineering routines
- Preparing samples for analysis
- Analysing and presenting results
In your application, please give a brief summary of what subjects you are particularly interested in and which projects you have particularly enjoyed and why during your studies.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English (in one document for easy upload). Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Ref: 224792BR. Please apply by 5th of February.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Vinner av en rekke innovasjon og teknologipriser, våre produkter hjelper millioner av mennesker verden over og har de tre siste årene vært rangert som en av Norges beste arbeidsplasser, bli en av oss!
- Antall stillinger
- Svelleveien 29 / Ullernchausséen 52, 2004 Lillestrøm
- Farmasi og legemiddel,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kjemisk industri
- Ingeniør / Akustikk,
- Produksjon / Produksjonsteknikk/Prosessteknikk
scientist, operations, process, chemistry, biotech
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Petra Norrman
- Recruiter Nordics
Svelleveien 29 / Ullernchausséen 52, 2004 Lillestrøm
|Sist endret||27. feb. 2023 11:32|