We are looking for an Android Software Engineer!
- Android Software Engineer
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a broad assortment of high-quality, affordable groceries to thousands of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are creating the most efficient retail system in the world.
Our Shop Platform teams create the world’s most customer friendly and efficient online grocery shopping experience. The teams build and scale all end-user product experiences (e.g. on web, app and communication), custom built tools and solutions for content & marketing, category & product management, pricing, customer service, user & order management, as well as underlying core services such as payment platform, order handling, recommendation engines and user modeling. Our end to end shop platform is built on a unique combination of great user experience, software and AI with complete control over all data.
As an Android software engineer you will be a part of a cross functional product team with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You will join a team in our Customer Platform as one of the primary developers of our Android app used by thousands of families every single day.
What you’ll do
- Be our Android champion: You’ll be the primary driver for a truly excellent Android app experience, and build it in collaboration with a cross-functional team of designers and other developers
- Take our app to the next level: Write high-quality and maintainable Kotlin code, ensure our Android app has a scalable architecture and a great user-friendly user experience
- Set architecture and direction: Build great native experiences where it matters, cross platform views where it makes sense — and contribute to building our component based-framework in collaboration with iOS and web developers
- Contribute end-to-end: Build functionality in our Python (Django) backend API, contribute to UX design initiatives, and take part in product development
To be successful, we believe you
- Have an eye for details and strive to create great user experiences
- Write robust, well-tested and documented code of high quality
- Can work independently, manage your own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while also thriving in teams where you get the best out of your colleagues
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Continuously hone your skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with the people around you
The following will probably be helpful
- Solid experience with the Android ecosystem and platforms, and follow the development of Android closely to stay updated on best practices
- Having built modern Android apps in Kotlin, and are familiar with coroutines, view models and Jetpack Compose
- Higher education in technology, or equivalent
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Colleagues who shoot for the stars and care about helping each other
- A flat structure where we come together across disciplines to solve complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- The chance to contribute to our success. Aligning via OKRs ensures focus, motivation to reach ambitious targets and autonomy in achieving outcome - and Flow, our own way of working within and between teams to create value.
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with fewer emails and meetings!
- Competitive compensation and access to employee share program.
- A flexible work schedule with a healthy work-life balance to ensure you have space for life
- The chance to get in on scaling a tech company, and the freedom to shape our path and create sustainable growth for a product loved by many
- A personal development path in a company that cares about learning, and sharing knowledge. Also, the chance to contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meet ups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites and many different social groups and company events.
- Vibrant and collaboration-friendly office spaces
Oda is committed to being an inclusive community, cultivating diversity, equity and belonging into our everyday workplace culture. When hiring for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that people can add with different cultural backgrounds, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education and beliefs. If you have a disability such as a hearing, or visual impairment or any other neurodivergent need that requires accommodating during the hiring process, please let us know in advance. You can do this by contacting the job owner or hiring manager.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world!
- 0484 Oslo
- Internettbaserte tjenester,
- Matvareproduksjon og -industri,
- Transport og logistikk
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT utvikling / App utvikler
Android, Kotlin, Dagger, coroutines
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Shana Marie Gertrud Hiebendahl
|Sist endret||10. mai 2023 19:32|