Embedded Systems Development for Sustainable Fish Farming
- BioSort AS
- Embedded Systems Engineer
Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology enabling a paradigm shift in fish farming? Our product iFarm utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create health records for fish. Fish is analyzed for possible disease symptoms and those with treatment needs are sorted out. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability while lowering production costs in fish farming.
We are a multidisciplinary team of 19 developing subsea cameras, illumination systems, underwater robotics for sorting, embedded systems, control electronics, housings, and structural units.
We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees, so we put great effort into gathering an outstanding team. Our open company culture is characterized by initiative, involvement, and freedom. Do you want to take part in this groundbreaking journey and join the BioSort family?
Contribute to the design, development, testing, delivery, and maintenance of
- Embedded systems for iFarm Sensor and Sorter
- Firmware for controlling several subsystems such as cameras, lamps, motors, and other robotic actuators with real-time requirements
- Electrical/electronic systems for power distribution, high-speed data communication, digital and analog I/O
- Contribute to system level debugging and performance optimization to meet real-time requirements.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to integrate mechanics, electronics, and control algorithms for underwater fish sorting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably Master’s degree in Embedded, electrical, computer science, or relevant engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience in embedded systems development and troubleshooting
- Experience collaborating on PCB design, and hardware prototyping
- Experience developing solutions with real-time requirements, e.g. control systems with feedback loops, signal processing, robotic actuators, etc.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces and communication protocols, e.g. UART, MODBUS, CAN, Serial, I2C, etc.
- Good understanding of embedded hardware components e.g. microcontrollers, FPGAs, DSPs, microprocessors, memory modules, timers, communication/IO ports, etc.
- Experience working with SoM design and implementation
- Shell scripting with bash, python
Nice to have:
- Experience with embedded software development is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++
- An environment where your opinion matters, and you can make a great impact
- Exciting technology development in a multidisciplinary team of passionate, highly skilled, and inspiring colleagues
- Nice open office, by the water, with likely the longest idea cork ever
- Workshop with saltwater test pool
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several good Cantinas, Coffee shop, Gym, and KIWI in the building
- "Startup atmosphere" with a "large company stability"
BioSort has an inclusive culture focused on having fun at work. Our team consists of outstanding people with extensive experience in computer vision, software, optics, and mechanical product design. The founders of BioSort have long experience in product development and technology management from Tomra Systems ASA. BioSort’s ambition is to be the world leader in the sensor-based optimization of fish resources.
- Martin Linges vei 25,, 1364 Fornebu
- Industri og produksjon,
- IT - maskinvare
- Ingeniør / Automasjon og instrument,
- Ingeniør / Elektroingeniør,
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell)
embedded, electronics, fpga, systems engineer, hardware design
Spørsmål om stillingen
Martin Linges vei 25,, 1364 Fornebu
|Sist endret||3. nov. 2022 11:24|