Do you want to develop software to handle time critical information from satellite data?
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Software Developer
Did you know that KSAT, one of the world's leading companies within the space industry, has their headquarters in Norway – and that we’re on our way to the moon? This is your opportunity to become a part of that and many other exciting adventures!
And in case you’re wondering, we can assure you of this: Working to provide time critical information, based on satellite data, to decisionmakers around the world is as great and meaningful as it sounds. Our vision is to increase the understanding of the planet by cementing KSAT as the world leading provider of multi-mission time critical earth observation services. Doing this, we give our customers a better foundation for their decisions.
What are the responsibilities of the team?
The team provides integration of data streams with internal and external systems, covering everything from image processing and object detection to storage, distribution, and reporting – where time is of the essence. The team is working API-first, and moving towards new and modern platform of micro-services, and is responsible for:
- Customer focused REST based APIs
- Performance focused orchestration of resources
- Interfaces to internal support systems through REST based APIs
- Micro-service architecture, using C++, Java, and Python
- Microsoft Azure Landing Zone management
What does the role entail?
As a software developer, your responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain a robust, secure, and scalable platform
- Design, develop, test, and maintain both the external and internal API surface
- Design, develop, test, and maintain microservices and libraries
- Deployment of services, both in public cloud and on-premises
What qualities and traits are we looking for?
Still unsure if this role is for you? Here are six traits we’re looking for:
- Higher education within Computer Science, or other relevant experience
- Experience with one or more programming languages.
- Experience with public cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Curious by nature and keen to learn
- The ability to get things done, and a hunger for continuous development
- You don’t have to know anything about space
Excited yet? Let’s give you three more reasons to choose us
- An environment you are guaranteed to learn from – regardless of your level of expertise today. We will make sure you develop, both personally and technically!
- Flextime, good health insurance and pension, training and courses, company cabins, sports and more.
- We care about our employees, and believe their well-being is key to development. We arrange several social events each year. Next time, we hope you’ll be there!
The primary workplace for the position is in Tromsø, Norway, though other locations may be considered.
KSAT see the importance of ensure diversity in the company by taking gender, age and cultural background into account during recruitment.
As a software developer you must be fit for the position, meet the conditions for Norwegian security clearance and be able to be authorized and suitable for the position. Final candidates will have to complete a background check of Semac.
The rocket ship to your future is launching now. Are you ready to board?
For more information about the role, please contact:
- Martin Ernstsen, Team leader / firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Arne Nylund, Sr. Director Software Engineering / email@example.com
KSAT is the world's leading commercial satellite center based in Tromsø. KSAT develops and delivers data, information and services based on satellites, and we have customers all over the world. We are a total of 300 employees located in Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm, USA and Oslo. KSAT has stations and antennas all over the world, from Tromsø and Svalbard in the north, via Panama, Singapore and South Africa, to the Troll station in Antarctica in the far south. The number of customers and ground stations is constantly growing, and this strong growth means that we now need new employees.
Software, Developer, KSAT, Design, Teknologi
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Arne Nylund
- Senior Director Software Engineering
- 480 94 060
- Martin Ernstsen
- Team leader
Prestvannvegen 38, 9011 Tromsø
|Sist endret||13. okt. 2022 13:37|