Do you want to develop web applications for managing KSATs global network?
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Software Developer
Did you know that KSAT, one of the world's leading companies within the space industry, has their headquarters in Norway – and that we’re on our way to the moon? This is your opportunity to become a part of that and many other exciting adventures!
And in case you’re wondering, we can assure you of this: Working to connect space and earth is as great and meaningful as it sounds. Our vision is to be at the forefront of creating communication between space and earth for exploration, communication, and increased understanding of the planet. Doing this, we give our customers a better foundation for their decisions.
What are the responsibilities of the team?
The team provides internal and external web applications for oversight and management of KSATs global network and customer interaction with KSAT. These applications stand on top of modern API services to serve users with effective tooling in managing their own or KSAT assets. The team have responsibility for the entire
- Customer-facing web app for managing customer interactions with KSAT
- Internal web app for managing customers and KSAT assets
- Designing architecture and interfaces to scale well with strong expansion
- Optimalization of resource usage, based on both customer and KSAT needs
- Use of GitHub Actions to CI/CD
- Microsoft Azure Landing Zone management
What does the role entail?
As a software developer, your responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain a robust, secure, and scalable global platform
- Design, develop, test, and maintain both the external and internal web applications
- Design, develop, test, and maintain microservices and libraries
- Deployment of services, both in public cloud and on-premises
What qualities and traits are we looking for?
Still unsure if this role is for you? Here are some traits we’re looking for:
- Understanding of reactive programming principles
- Motivated by building, internet based, applications and services
- Experience with one or more programming languages. We are using C#, JS, Vue, CSS, HTML
- Knowledge of frameworks as .NET and node.js
- Experience with public cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Curious by nature and keen to learn
- The ability to get things done, and a hunger for continuous development
- You don’t have to know anything about space
Excited yet? Let’s give you three more reasons to choose us
- An environment you are guaranteed to learn from – regardless of your level of expertise today. We will make sure you develop, both personally and technically!
- Flextime, good health insurance and pension, training and courses, company cabins, sports and more.
- We care about our employees, and believe their well-being is key to development. We arrange several social events each year. Next time, we hope you’ll be there!
The primary workplace for the position is in Tromsø, Norway, though other locations may be considered.
KSAT see the importance of ensure diversity in the company by taking gender, age and cultural background into account during recruitment.
As a software developer you must be fit for the position, meet the conditions for Norwegian security clearance and be able to be authorized and suitable for the position. Final candidates will have to complete a background check of Semac.
The rocket ship to your future is launching now. Are you ready to board?
For more information about the role, please contact:
- Martin Bergstrøm, Team leader / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arne Nylund, Sr. Director Software Engineering / email@example.com
KSAT is the world's leading commercial satellite center based in Tromsø. KSAT develops and delivers data, information and services based on satellites, and we have customers all over the world. We are a total of 300 employees located in Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm, USA and Oslo. KSAT has stations and antennas all over the world, from Tromsø and Svalbard in the north, via Panama, Singapore and South Africa, to the Troll station in Antarctica in the far south. The number of customers and ground stations is constantly growing, and this strong growth means that we now need new employees.
Software, Utvikler, Developer, KSAT, Azure
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Arne Nylund
- Senior Director Software Engineering
- Martin Bergstrøm
- Team leader
Prestvannvegen 38, 9011 Tromsø
|Sist endret||5. okt. 2022 15:06|