Senior Scientist with experience from molecular and cellular biology
- Nykode Therapeutics ASA
- Senior Scientist, Product Development
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with experience from molecular and cellular biology to join our product development team. As Senior Scientist, you will take a leading role in in the further development of the technology platform with responsibility for delivery vectors. Moreover, you will be a key member of various cross functional teams to support vaccine design, formulation development and manufacturability of new products.
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Product Development
Application deadline: 09.10.2022
Location: Oslo, Norway
The delivery vector is an essential part of our pDNA vaccine technology platform. In this role, you will take responsibility for leading the strategy, assessment, development and validation of vectors to advance the Nykode platform. This will be done in close collaboration with other Nykode research groups, external partners and CROs as well as CMC operations and Regulatory.
In this role, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify vector development opportunities and initiate and execute the development work together with other Nykode scientists or with external partners
- Identify external academic or commercial partners and lead and coordinate collaboration projects
- Evaluate new vectors with respect to efficacy, safety, manufacturability and stability included defining and interpreting the data from relevant animal and toxicology studies
- Ensure regulatory compliance of new vectors
- Work closely with CMC and Research teams to plan and coordinate experiments and evaluate results
- Keep up with the current technological and scientific developments in the field of pDNA vaccines
- Be an active participant in cross-functional project teams internally and externally
- Documentation of results and contributor to written documentation such as regulatory submissions (IMPD, IB, CTA), scientific advice and if relevant, publications and patent filings
The role will report to Head of Product Development.
Who are we looking for?
When hiring new employees, we look for the people who are inspired by the Nykode technology and our quest to unlock the future of medicine. We embrace new ways of thinking and doing. When growing and building our teams, we look for the people inspired by our mission and those seeking to join a collaborative and value-based company culture. An eagerness to learn and continuously develop is a core characteristic of our highly skilled and competent individuals. Our work is meaningful, and we care. We care about the patients, and we care about each other.
In this position, we believe you bring enthusiasm, curiosity, and a quality-conscious mindset. You find motivation in a dynamic, international, and multi-disciplinary work environment. Your expertise is found in molecular biology, plasmid-design, and validation of DNA plasmids – and you have significant experience in working on research projects and planning research activities. Using statistical analytical tools have been part of your work as well as interpreting data and reporting results.
- MSc/PhD with minimum of 5 years of working experience from industry or academia within molecular biology, biotechnology, immunology, biochemistry, or similar relevant fields
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written
Essential skills for this role include:
- Experience with project leadership and cross-functional teamwork
- A good overview of and experience with in vitro and in vivo assays
- Expertise in molecular biology, plasmid-design, and validation of DNA plasmids
- Experience working with CROs or/and academic collaborators
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate with colleagues from diverse scientific background
- Prior experience working with drug development
- Work experience with pDNA and from the vaccine industry is an advantage
What we offer at Nykode
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with a competent and dedicated Nykode team developing cutting edge vaccine technology in one of Norway’s most interesting biotech companies. With challenging responsibilities in a fun and dynamic work environment you will get the chance to grow your personal skills through continuous learning and development in close collaboration with colleagues.
The application process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may take place before the deadline. Deadline for final submission is 09.10.2022. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. Should you have any further questions regarding the position, reach out to us.
- Gaustadalleen 21, 0349 Oslo
- Farmasi og legemiddel,
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
Nykode, Vaccibody, Product development, CMC, Forsker
|Sist endret||23. sep. 2022 12:19|