Lead your team's development from concept phase through to industrialization
- FREYR Battery
- Technical Project Manager
FREYR Battery is on a mission to decarbonize energy and transportation systems globally by producing the world’s most sustainable battery cells.
The first step towards achieving our goals is building battery cell factories in Mo i Rana. We will soon be opening the doors to our Customer Qualification Plant – Norway's first industrial-scale lithium-ion battery cell manufacturing facility. Here we will validate and improve technology, materials, and cell designs as we prepare for commercial production at our Gigafactories. FREYR intends to install 50 GWh of battery cell capacity by 2025, 100 GWh annual capacity by 2028, and 200 GWh of annual capacity by 2030.
We will build battery cell factories of increasing size in Mo I Rana and further globally as a significant contribution to the transition to a green economy. Without batteries, there can be no real change in the global energy system, the key to limiting global warming. These factories are a significant contribution to a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a highly qualified Technical Project Manager to lead a cross-functional team towards designing and industrializing the next generation of products in FREYR's product portfolio.
The Product Management group functions as the link between Technology Development and Sales departments. The creation of this link is the key to making our technology useful for the end-user.
You will manage the development from concept phase through to industrialization. The team will include all functions from material science and electrochemistry to system integration.
The ideal candidates have an in-depth understanding of Li-Ion battery technology, has experience with energy storage application, and has a track record of thinking creatively.
Your main tasks will include:
- Working with product development, R&D and engineering disciplines
- Technical project management of activities including Li-ion cell design, battery module/system design and specification
- Working closely with process/manufacturing and aligning development projects across the organization
- Documentation management
- DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) management
- Requirements management
We are looking for the following qualifications in our ideal candidate:
- PhD or M.Sc. in Mechanical or Physics engineering
- +5 years of experience with relevant applications/industry
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of a lithium-ion battery and its application
- Experience from requirement engineering and product development
- Experience with leading teams and/or technical coordination between functions
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
- Experience of working in an international company
- Experience in setting up and working with quality systems for new product introduction
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
- Creativity and ambitious approach - ability to work outside of industry norms
- Proven problem-solving abilities and structured and organized way of working
- Co-operative and commercial mindset
- You'll thrive in a start-up environment, and you have strong social and leadership skills
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. FREYR is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future.
With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
FREYR offers a clean Nordic solution to the rapidly growing global demand for high-density and cost-competitive battery cells for stationary energy storage (ESS), electric mobility, and marine applications.
We are targeting the production of environmentally friendly battery cells through a business model intended to maximize long-term value creation and unlock sustainable, superior returns to our stakeholders.
- Strandveien 50, 1366 Lysaker
- Industri og produksjon
- Ingeniør / Brannsikkerhet,
- Ingeniør / Elektroingeniør,
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk,
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi,
- Ingeniør / Teknisk sikkerhet/QHSE
produktutvikling, r&d, batteri, celle
|Sist endret||23. sep. 2022 09:48|