Group Tax Controller
- Norse Atlantic Airways AS
- Group Tax Controller
Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
The Group Tax Controller will take the lead on ensuring Norse has efficient tax planning and complies with domestic and international regulations, working closely with the Company’s external advisors, as well as the CFO and Group Accounting Manager. You will take ownership of all taxes, including transfer pricing, corporate taxes and airline taxes across the Group. You will take a hands-on approach and are a ‘doer’.
At Norse we think like there is no box. Your job will involve the opportunity to think both creatively and logically to find more efficient ways to work.
Joining Norse at this early phase means you will be heavily involved in the shaping of Norse Atlantic`s beginning and as Norse grows and evolves, you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks, including more responsibility and promotion opportunities.
The position will report to the VP Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring Norse complies with domestic and international tax rules and regulations, working in close coordination with external tax advisors and Norse’s CFO and Group Accounting Manager
- Regular tax calculations and tax reporting, as well as involvement in tax accounting and provisions
Assessing, managing and advising internally on the Group’s tax risks
- Involvement in maintaining tax balances in the general ledger
- Ensuring Norse has sufficient transfer pricing policies and documentation, initiating and performing transfer pricing reviews
- Managing inter-company invoicing in accordance with Norse’s transfer pricing policy, and taking a hands-on approach to interim subsidiary and branch financials to ensure the numbers make sense with reference to transfer pricing
- Management of external tax advisors, always with a focus on getting value for money and considering alternative solutions
- Coordination and communication with auditors and tax authorities
- Provide support for or lead various tax and finance related projects as needed
- Willingness to be involved and taking ownership of subsidiary general ledgers impacted by transfer pricing policy and taxes
Skills and Experience
- Experience from audit or tax consulting and/or proven experience with involvement in tax
- Experience with international groups of companies in international and local tax
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Experience from an airline would be advantageous, but not a requirement
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, as well as ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workload
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, tax qualification, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated and a sense of urgency Ability to think counter intuitively and to challenge legacy ways of working; thinking like ‘there is no box’
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines
- An informal and positive work environment
- Modern offices located at our head office in Arendal, Norway
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage. Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe:
- Be Inclusive
- Show kindness
- Take ownership
Norse Atlantic Airways, launched in March 2021, is a new long-haul airline that offers affordable fares on transatlantic routes. Bjørn Tore Larsen is the founder, CEO, and the major shareholder of the airline. Norse is headquartered in Arendal, Norway, and is publicly traded on the Euronext Growth Exchange in Oslo, Norway. Norse Atlantic Airways serves the intercontinental market with modern, fuel-efficient, and more environmentally friendly Boeing 787 Dreamliners. Norse will create many new jobs in the air and on the ground both in Europe and the U.S., with an estimated approximately 1,600 employees when its entire fleet of 15 aircraft are in operation. Read more about Norse Atlantic Airways AS.
- Fløyveien 14, 4838 Arendal
- Økonomi og regnskap,
- Økonomi og regnskap / Controller
Tax, International, Reporting, Finance, Accounting
Spørsmål om stillingen
Fløyveien 14, 4838 Arendal
|Sist endret||22. sep. 2022 16:02|