The Department of Psychology has a vacancy for a Associate Professor in work and organizational psychology
- NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Associate Professor in work and organizational psychology
NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus on professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim.
At NTNU, 9,000 employees and 42,000 students work to create knowledge for a better world.
Video: https://youtu.be/Xt-yHCN5QS0 (https://youtu.be/Xt-yHCN5QS0)
About the position
The Department of Psychology currently has approximately 1300 students and more than 140 employees. The Department holds a large and diverse research community covering a variety of disciplines within psychology. We offer a study program in clinical psychology in addition to studies at bachelors-, masters- and PhD level. The Department has three outpatient clinics that offer outpatient treatment as part of the educational program in clinical psychology. The Department participates in extensive local, national and international research collaborations.
As an associate professor at the Department of Psychology, you will be part of an active research environment with the goal of further developing the field of study. You have good collaboration skills and aim to create a good performance environment within the field of study. You are involved in lesson planning and ensure that quality is upheld when teaching bachelor's and master's degree courses, and the clinical program in psychology.
At the same time, you are available for the students and provide academic guidance throughout the study programs. It is expected that you participate in the administrative tasks related to program coordination, courses, examination work, meetings and committee work.
You will report to the Head of Department.
Duties of the position
- Initiate and strengthen research and research dissemination within work and organizational psychology
- Give academic guidance to students taking a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in the field of study
- Participate in the planning and execution of educational activities according to the applicable program description, and in work related to evaluation and further development of the field of study, education activities and relevant study program, including continuing and further education
- Teach within the relevant subject area at all levels from bachelor to PhD
- Contribute to the development and tuition of continuing and further education
- It is expected that you take on an elected or honorary appointment for a period
- Examination work
- Administrative duties
You must have the qualifications required for the position of Associate Professor in the field of psychology, as outlined in the regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts (https://lovdata.no/dokument/SFE/forskrift/2006-02-09-129)
- Scientific qualifications at PhD level within the field of work and organizational psychology
- PhD-students can apply under the condition that PhD thesis are submitted by the application deadline for the position. It's a requirement for employment that the PhD degree is awarded
- Experience from teaching and supervision from university level
- Publication of research results in renown international journals will be emphasized. Emphasis is primarily placed on scientific work during the last five years, with any statutory leave of absence deducted. Emphasis will also be placed on the ability to initiate and lead research and development work
- Very good oral and written presentation skills in English and Norwegian
You must document relevant basic competence for teaching and supervision at university and college level, cf. regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research positions (https://lovdata.no/dokument/SFE/forskrift/2006-02-09-129). If you are unable to document this, you will be required to complete an approved course in university pedagogy within two years of employment. NTNU offers qualifying courses.
If you do not master a Scandinavian language, it is a prerequisite that you can within three years demonstrate knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language in line with step three in the course Norwegian for foreigners at the Department of Language and Literature at NTNU (http://If you do not master a Scandinavian language, it is a prerequisite that you can within three years demonstrate knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language in line with step three in the course Norwegian for foreigners at the Department of Language and Literature at NTNU)
- Applicants with teaching experience from higher education will be preferred. Previous teaching experience within the subject area is an advantage
- Research which adresses systemic and organizational conditions within the field of work and organizational psychology
- Knowledge in qualitative and quantitative methodology
- Applicants with knowledge of Nordic workinglife will be preferred
- Dedication to research work
- Dedication to new and innovative teaching methods
- Coorperation skills
- Dissemination abilities and good communication skills
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary research teams
- Flexibility and desire to contribute to a good working environment
- exciting and challenging tasks in a strong international?academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment (https://www.regjeringen.no/no/tema/arbeidsliv/arbeidsmiljo-og-sikkerhet/inkluderende_arbeidsliv/id947/)with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (https://www.spk.no/en/)
- employee benefits (https://innsida.ntnu.no/wiki/-/wiki/English/Benefits+and+discounts)
Salary and conditions
As a Associate Professor code 1011 you are normally paid from gross 626 100 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. As required by law, 2% of this salary will be deducted and paid into the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, (https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/2017-06-16-67?q=lov%20om%20statens%20ansatt) and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU.??
After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
It is a prerequisite you can be present at and accessible to the institution on a daily basis.
You can find more information about working at NTNU and the application process here (https://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies).
Video: https://youtu.be/bwfNPj8HxHw (https://youtu.be/bwfNPj8HxHw)
About the application
The application and the description of the scientific work that is to be used as a basis for the assessment must be available in English.
We point out that the application is only assessed based on the information available at the application deadline. Therefore, make sure that your application clearly shows how your skills and experiences meet the criteria described above.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
Your application must include (pay attention to what must be included here - remove anything that does not apply):
- CV, diplomas, and certificates
- List of publications
- A description of the scientific works that you consider most significant, and which you would have specifically based on the assessment (up to five works)
- A research plan
- Information about any projects you have been a project manager for with information about financing, duration and size
- A teaching portfolio, in which your teaching competence is compiled and presented systematically, (See guidelines for applicants: Documentation of teaching qualifications in applications and appointments to academic positions at NTNU (https://www.ntnu.edu/positions/pedagogical-qualifications))
- Names and contact information for three relevant referees
Joint work will also be considered. If it is difficult to identify your specific input to a joint project, you must include evidence of your contributions.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and potential will also count in the assessment of the candidates. Our assessment of the pedagogical skills will be based on documented pedagogical material, forms of presentation in your academic works, teaching experience, PhD, and Masters supervision, and any other relevant pedagogical background. Both quality and scope will be taken into consideration.
NTNU is obliged by the evaluation criteria for research quality in accordance with The San Fransisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA (https://www.ascb.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/sfdora.pdf). This means that we will pay particular attention to the quality and academic range demonstrated by your scientific work to date. We will also pay attention to research leadership and participation in research projects. Your scientific work from the last five years will be given the most weight.
Your application will be considered by an expert committee. Candidates of interest will be invited to an interview, and to deliver a trial teaching session.
ntnu.noNTNU believes that inclusion and diversity is a strength. We want our faculty and staff to reflect Norway's culturally diverse population and we continuously seek to hire the best minds. This enables NTNU to increase productivity and innovation, improve decision making processes, raise employee satisfaction, compete academically with global top-ranking institutions and carry out our social responsibilities within education and research. NTNU emphasizes accessibility and encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender identity, ability status, periods of unemployment or ethnic and cultural background.
NTNU is working actively to increase the number of women employed in scientific positions and has a number of resources to promote equality (https://www.ntnu.edu/genderequality).
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must continually maintain and improve your professional development and be flexible regarding any organizational changes.
A public list of applicants with name, age, job title and municipality of residence is prepared after the application deadline. If you want to reserve yourself from entry on the public applicant list, this must be justified. Assessment will be made in accordance with current legislation (https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/2006-05-19-16/KAPITTEL_3#%C2%A725). You will be notified if the reservation is not accepted.
For the sake of transparency, candidates will be given the expert evaluation of their own and other candidates. As an applicant you are considered part of the process and is stipulated to rules of confidentiality.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Magne Arve Flaten (https://www.ntnu.no/ansatte/magne.a.flaten), email email@example.com
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Kristin Skogen, email firstname.lastname@example.org (http://email@example.com)
If you think this looks interesting and in line with your qualifications, please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates attached. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.?Upon request, you must be able to obtain certified copies of your documentation.?
Please refer to the application number SU-727 when applying.
Application deadline: 01.11.2022
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Psychology
Our research and teaching are based on five perspectives: biological, cognitive, social, personality and developmental psychology. We offer a clinical programme in psychology as well as study programmes in the psychology of learning and in work and organizational psychology. We have also three outpatient clinics in which we treat patients as part of the clinical programme. The Department of Psychology is one of seven departments in the Faculty of Social and Educational Sciences.
- Institutt for psykologi, NTNU, 7491 Trondheim
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Offentlig administrasjon
|Sist endret||21. sep. 2022 10:23|