We are filling a permanent position in our Customs department!
- GAC Norway AS
- Customs Coordinator
About the Position
Due to continued increased activity and healthy business growth, our previously advertised temporary position is now an opportunity for a permanent position as Customs Coordinator.
We will be prioritizing candidates with relevant experience within customs; however, we may also consider a candidate with education or experience working with numbers and structure. This opportunity is thus also available for you who is interested in the industry but has no formal experience. It is also open for you who has years of experience and want now to take on new challenges in a company that values your competency.
As this position is to provide support to a busy team, to ease training and operational efficiency, we prefer candidates that live in the Bergen area and can work from the office; however, we are open to considering home office solutions to candidates that are unable to come to the office due to distance, personal situation, or otherwise.
After adequate training, you will support operations and company strategy while performing the following tasks:
- Import, export, and transit customs clearance
- Accurately registering information in and out of our data systems
- Checking documentation to ensure it is correct
- Creating documentation as relevant
- Coordinating with colleagues, suppliers, and customers by phone and email
- Cooperating with colleagues at all levels of the organization to provide quality service
- Acting as communication link between customers, internal departments and customs/tax authorities
- Other practical, administrative, and logistics related tasks as you develop in the role
Other Job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, we provide 24/7/365 service and there will be periods of higher workload as well as work during irregular times, such as evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- These positions provide a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues in the maritime industry in a company that values what each unique individual brings to the table
- Relevant education within customs, accounting, or maritime
- Relevant experience within customs, accounting, or maritime
- Genuine interest to apply yourself and further develop your competencies
- Proficient written and verbal English and Norwegian skills
- Comfortable using data as a work tool
- Exhibits motivation and takes initiative to achieve results
- An attention to detail and precision that ensures quality work while retaining efficiency
- Uses structure and organization skills for greater efficiency
- Problem solving approach to new challenges
- Passion for providing great service to customers and helping colleagues do the same
- Proficient communication skills
- An open, inclusive, trust-based, and flexible workplace culture
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a globally recognized shipping and logistics company
- Equitable salary with automatic increases upon proven competency development
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance - including health insurance
For quickest response to any questions, please feel free to use the Finn.no contact form in this advertisement to send an email directly to Alysha Pedersen, Deputy General Manager.
GAC Norway is the country’s oldest shipping agency. Established in 1845 and merged with GAC group to become GAC Norway in 2007, the company has handled over 12,000 vessels in more than 100 countries.
- Skoltegrunnskaien 1, 5003 Bergen
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass,
- Transport og logistikk
- Logistikk og lager / SCM og logistikk,
- Økonomi og regnskap
customs, toll, koordinering, import, export
|Sist endret||1. nov. 2022 17:12|