Travel and Realty Assistant
- U.S. Embassy Oslo
- Travel and Realty Assistant
OPEN TO ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS
Incumbent provides International Cooperative Administrative Support Services to all United States Government agencies at post. He/she manages the Embassy's travel program and supports visits as they occur. Provides primary administrative support for the Embassy's real estate property program. Supports other General Services Office sub-sections, including procurement, supply and shipping operations as needed.
Travel and Visit Support
- Incumbent works independently making travel arrangements for United States Government direct hires, locally employed staff and others as directed by the Chief of Mission
- Processes written travel requests from the traveler and works with him or her to determine travel, adhering to all applicable United States Government rules and regulations including, assignment transfers, home leave, emergency and medical visitation and family member education travel
- Works closely with the travel management company to provide cost effective and efficient travel in an official capacity.
- Consults with travelers or authorizing officers to obtain information, clarify and verify information
- Maintain accurate record of all vouchers and claims
- Calculates and prepares travel advances and maintains accounts receivable for such
- Arranges flight reservations
- Obtains travel cost estimates for budget calculation and funding availability
- Supports high-level visit and conferences held in Oslo and other parts of Norway
- Works with Control Officers as the Mission expert on local hotels and stays apprised of the market. Arranges visits if necessary.
- Establishes all reservations, cancelations of hotels and how many hotels/hotel rooms are needed
- Clarifies procedures for payments of personal vs. official charges
- Compiles data for Mission annual Retail Price Schedule
- Prepares reports on hotel bookings quarterly and annually
- Arranges transportation for visitors through Motorpool.
- Submits visitor requests
- Administrative support for Embassy real estate program, including troubling shooting maintenance issues with landlords, escorting landlords
- Assists the General Services Office in identifying, bringing under lease and administering government-provided quarters and offices
- Draft leases, amendments, termination agreements, lease waiver requests
- Interacts with realtors, landlords, and agents to ensure the lessors' obligations are fulfilled
- Maintain leasehold files, current rent information with correct calculations including foreign currencies, prorated payments, and withheld payments
- Helps maintain database
- Ensure that work is completed and inventories are correct and ready for signature upon arrival or soon after occupancy
- Conduct annual assessments of property conditions, confirms tenants have left property without damage
- Provides administrative support to the other General Services Office sub-sections as needed
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in the travel field, sales, accounting, government, real estate, or hospitality is required
EDUCATION: High school diploma (upper secondary school)
DRIVERS LICENSE: Possess a valid Class B drivers license approved for Norway
Fluency Speaking/Reading/Writing in English (must provide documentation)
Fluency (B2) Speaking/Reading/Writing in Norwegian (must provide documentation)
**ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS - English can be documented with scores from upper secondary school or university or with a valid testing score.
**NORWEGIAN REQUIREMENTS - Norwegian can be documented with scores from a Norwegian upper secondary school (a full 3 years) or from a Norwegian University with instruction in Norwegian or exam from university. All other applicants must submit a Norsk Prøvebevis from Kompetanse Norge with your Norwegian language level test scores.
Excellent communication skills and ability to produce clear/concise effective written communications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
To qualify, you MUST submit the requested/required documents by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide the requested information, or if the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
•Resume (Upload in Other Document)
•Cover Letter (Upload in Other Document 2)
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• High school diploma
• Norwegian and English language documentation
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a clearance and pass a medical check
To apply for this position click the “APPLY” button.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you are not contacted your application is not being considered for this position. If you are a selected candidate to interview, we will contact you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- 0378 Oslo
- Offentlig administrasjon,
- Reise og turisme
- Hotell og overnatting / Booking,
travel, real estate, office
|Sist endret||21. sep. 2022 15:16|