- Andøya Space
- Numerical Analysis
Andøya Space is looking for the right person to strengthen our Numerical Analysis team with flight dynamics calculations and analytics within the Safety and Security department.
The Safety and Security department is responsible for management of the Group’s safety and Security management system in accordance with group policy and guidelines. In addition, the Numerical Analysis team supports Andøya Space operations by delivering safety-critical analysis products that serve as a base for safe launch operations across the Group’s whole operations portfolio.
The Andøya Space Group is expanding its operations, and this is a new position to accommodate current and future needs.
Headquarter is located at Andøya and currently we have a remote office at Lysaker, close to Oslo. Exact work location can be a subject for further discussion. The position will require some official travel.
Start: 01.01.2023 / after agreement
The position reports to Director Safety and Security and is responsible for providing high quality flight dynamics calculations and analytics to support the safety requirements for Andøya Space operations.
Main tasks and responsibilities of the Numerical Analysis team are:
- Facilitate, interpret and perform 6D rocket trajectory simulations
- Obtain, process and interpret customer data to produce trajectory analyses
- Documentation and producing of standardised safety-critical analyses
- Development of analysis algorithms and methodology
- Support the group business units in evaluation of new projects
- Supporting Launch Operations department in operations (launch campaigns)
Required qualifications, minimum:
- Master’s degree in physics, or mathematics/other relevant sciences combined with a thorough knowledge of physics
- Knowledge in the field of data-analysis
- Proficient language skills in English (oral and written), Norwegian is preferable, but not essential.
- Experience withing the field of flight dynamics
- Experience in programming, preferably MATLAB/Python or related languages
- Experience in the field of simulations of physical processes and statistics
- Work experience from space industry/-operations
The applicant must be eligible for a Norwegian Security Clearance.
Personlige egenskaperWe are looking for a solution-oriented individual with integrity and good teamworking skills. Since Andøya Space has a wide range of operations, flexibility is key in the position. Interest in lifelong learning and ability to absorb new skills and knowledge effectively are also crucial.
Vi tilbyrThe position is located at Andøya in a growing, international working environment. Pay will be negotiated upon hire, good pensions and welfare schemes, good staff insurance and social benefits. Working hours are flexible. We cover expenses related to moving costs.
Andøya Space er verdens nordligste permanente base for oppskyting av forskningsraketter og fremtidige satellitter. Pr. dags dato tilbyr vi tjenester innen atmosfæreforskning ved hjelp av raketter, ballonger og bakkeinstrumenter. Andøya Space ble etablert i 1962 og er i dag en bedrift som også har utvidet sitt produkt - og tjenestespekter som eier av datterselskapene Andøya Space Defence, Andøya Space Education og Andøya Spaceport.
- Bleiksveien 46, 8480 Andenes
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
- Forretningsutvikling og strategi
analytiker, fysikk, analyse
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Johan Idivuoma
- Manager Numerical Analysis
- 472 67 168
- Ole Kristian Kokvik
- Director Safety & Security
- 922 32 665
Bleiksveien 46, 8480 Andenes
|Sist endret||24. aug. 2022 14:21|