Mechanical Design Engineer - sustainable fish farming
- BioSort AS
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology enabling a paradigm shift in fish farming? Our product iFarm utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create health records for fish. Fish is analyzed for possible disease symptoms and those with needs for treatment are sorted out. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability, while lowering production cost in fish farming.
We are a multidisciplinary team of 24 people and are developing camera and illumination systems, underwater robotics for sorting, as well and electronics housings and structural units. Typical work includes CAD design, testing of prototypes, finding the best way to manufacture, and launch the product in the ocean somewhere above the arctic circle.
We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees, so we put great effort in gathering an outstanding team. Our open company culture is characterized by initiative, involvement and freedom. Do you want to take part in this groundbreaking journey and join the BioSort family?
You will be
- Developing electro-mechanical products for use under water at low pressure depths of typically 10-20 meters
- Using 3D CAD design systems for development
- Test prototypes and products in the sea both in the Oslo area and in Steigen and Vesterålen
- Support production of your own designs
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in product development and ideally design for manufacturing
- Creative, analytical, problem-solver
- Enjoy agile development and rapid development cycles
- Genuine passion for product development and new technologies
Nice to have
- Knowledge of machining and production suppliers in the Nordics and beyond
- Knowledge of design of optics, water proofing or other items with tolerance chains
- Experience with cable management in electro-mechanical products
- An environment where your opinion matters, and you can make great impact
- Exciting technology development in a multidisciplinary team of passionate, highly skilled, and inspiring colleagues
- Nice open office, by the water
- Workshop with salt water test pool
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several good Cantinas, Coffee shop, Gym, and KIWI in the building
BioSort has an inclusive culture and focused on having fun at work. Our team consist of outstanding people with extensive experience within computer vision, software, optics and mechanical product design. The founders of BioSort have long experience in product development and technology management from Tomra Systems ASA. BioSort’s ambition is to be the world leader in sensor-based optimization of fish resources.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Industri og produksjon,
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
mechanical, mekanisk design, product designer, produktutvikler, mechatronics
|Sist endret||30. nov. 2023 15:04|