Laborant / Lab Engineer
- Clara Venture Labs
- Laborant / Lab Engineer
Clara Venture Labs is an innovative research and development lab located in Bergen with more than 60 employees and 30+ years of experience in the development and testing of different energy systems and hardware for Space and Ocean space. Clara Venture Labs is Aker ASA`s main vehicle for creating breakthrough industrial technology from ideas to ventures within the investment themes: Green energy, green industry, green cities and green agriculture and oceans.
Our successful ideation process generates new breakthrough ideas every day, and we need more capacity to develop the ideas and process them in our innovation funnel. Hence, we are seeking a Laborant / Lab Technician who will be involved in developing green technologies and implementing successful projects, aiming at developing existing or new green ventures.
Microwave assisted pyrolysis and gasification (MAP-G) is an early-stage technology for using waste to produce solid residue that can be used as fertilizer and wet bio-syngas, which can be cleaned and used in fuel cells for production of heat and electricity. MAP-G is a self-supported waste handling system enabling waste such as fish sludge, sewage sludge and food waste to be used for clean energy production. MAP-G is a proprietary technology converting waste into bio-syngas that can be used as input in fuel cells for clean energy production. The MAP-G technology is solving a large waste issue and enabling circular economy.
What will you be doing?
- Lab testing and characterization for pyrolysis and gasification of waste
- Participate in design of tests for characterization
- Participate in innovation process
- Prepare technical documentation / reports
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree in chemistry/biology/biotechnology
- Experience with lab work and techniques
- Knowledge or experience in lab test design
- Ability to work and communicate on multidisciplinary projects in a team
- Personal Qualities: Technically curious, accurate, flexible and organized, ability to work independently, teamworking skills, and creativity to find new solutions
- Good written and oral English. Norwegian language is an advantage
More reasons to work with us
- Opportunity to develop industrial technology ventures together with world leading scientists and business builders at one of Europe’s most exciting, dynamic and forward-thinking companies
- Competitive compensation, insurance and benefit packages
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and active owner with large network through Clara Venture Labs and Aker ASA
- Proximity to public transport (Bybanen)
- The office will be at Fantoftveien 38, Bergen
Application and CV to be written in Norwegian or English. Transcript of grades is also needed. We are primarily looking for candidates with >3 years of experience, but relevant candidates with less experience are also welcomed to apply.
About Aker ASA
Aker ASA is an industrial investment company exercising active ownership to create value, combining industrial expertise with financial strength and capital markets experience. Aker is the largest shareholder, directly or indirectly in 12 listed industrial companies, as well as many privately owned companies. Aker has been a driving force in innovating and developing industrial frontrunners since 1841.
Clara is a venture platform for breakthrough industrial technology and materials, owned by Aker ASA, one of the largest industrial holding companies in Norway. Clara’s first ventures focus on fuel cells for green shipping, pyrolysis technology for waste handling, additive manufacturing, regenerative fuel cells for space, and industrial scale production of graphene oxide.
Clara’s ambition is to create a curious and entrepreneurial environment where great minds are given the resources to make their ideas reality. Offering an innovative research and development lab located in Bergen in Norway, with more than 30 years of experience in the development and testing of energy systems.
The combination of Clara’s deep technology expertise and Aker’s 180 year legacy of building new industrial leaders creates one of the most exciting, dynamic and forward-thinking innovation labs in Europe.
Read more about Clara Venture Labs https://claraventurelabs.com/
Read more about Aker ASA https://www.akerasa.com/
- Fantoftvegen 38, 5072 Bergen
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Maritim og offshore
Laborant, Labingeniør, Testing, Forskning, Innovasjon
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Crina S. Ilea
- Senior Researcher
- 94 25 78 02
- Torkel Genet
- Project Engineer
- 48 07 05 36
- Sonia Faaland
- VP Operations
- 95 91 05 43
Fantoftvegen 38, 5072 Bergen
|Sist endret||20. jun. 2022 12:56|