Electrochemist - battery performance of new anode materials
- TIOTECH AS
- Senior Scientist/Technologist
The green shift pushes the electrification of society forward, and to keep up, batteries must meet new requirements. In TioTech, we make new anode materials for Li-ion batteries. High-power batteries with our materials will be faster to charge, last longer and have better temperature robustness than current technologies. These properties are particularly attractive for applications within industry, e-transport, marine and energy storage.
We are now optimising, refining and scaling up our production method for titania battery materials and are rapidly building up a new laboratory to accommodate more scientists and engineers who will work on our recently granted R&D projects. To accelerate our R&D work, we are also building up our own battery-testing facilities. Accordingly, we are strengthening our team with a Senior Scientist/Technologist specialised in electrochemistry who will be based in our new testlab in Bergen.
The scientist will be responsible for building up our battery test-lab and will thereafter have the overall responsibility for the successful operation of the lab. Included in the job is therefore:
· Building up our battery testing facilities
· All aspects of making and testing battery cells
· Establishing methods and test procedures
· Ensuring high quality in the testing
· Correlating and understanding the performance with/of our materials in the tests
· Be a key asset in our projects with partners and customers
· Method and product development
· Project management
· MSc/PhD within electrochemistry
· 3+ years working experience from industrial projects
· Experience with battery cell testing / electrochemical testing
· Experience with project management
· The right person for the job is self-going, efficient and structured. Personal suitability is key for us, as we are a small company and depend strongly on each employee`s motivation and skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills – but systematic!
· A good communicator - skilled at communicating technical results to non-technical stakeholders
· You are a team-player who enjoy collaboration and knowledge-sharing
· Working language English, preferably proficient in Norwegian
We offer you a great working environment with dedicated and (at least in our opinion) funny and likeable people. You get the flexibility to build up your own workday and are given freedom to explore your own ideas on the way to the goal – a new battery material for the global market!
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team commercialising new anode materials for Li-ion batteries? Build up and run your own battery-lab?
We will evaluate candidates continuously – send us your application and CV today!
TioTech AS is a Norwegian manufacturer of nanomaterials and a developer of new technologies. We develop the materials in our in-house laboratory and are currently scaling up our production. In half a year we have doubled our number of employees (now counting eight) and we are expanding further. Currently, we have two ongoing IPN projects granted by Norges Forskningsråd, one project supported by Innovasjon Norge and are involved in two other collaborative projects. Our partners include amongst others UiB, KTH Stockholm, SINTEF Energy and Future Materials. The company is privately owned and is backed by an experienced board.
- Sandbrekketoppen 38, 5224 Nesttun
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kjemisk industri
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
Electrochemistry, Batteries, R&D, Laboratory, Technology
Spørsmål om stillingen
Sandbrekketoppen 38, 5224 Nesttun
|Sist endret||11. mai 2022 07:28|