Materials Scientist/Technologist - development of new battery materials
- TIOTECH AS
- Materials Scientist/Technologist
The green shift pushes the electrification of society forward, and to keep up, batteries must meet new requirements. In TioTech, we make titania-based nanomaterials for Li-ion battery anodes. Batteries with our materials will be faster to charge, last longer and have better temperature robustness than current technologies. These properties are particularly attractive for applications within industry, e-transport, marine and energy storage.
We are now optimising, refining and scaling up our production method for titania battery materials and are rapidly building up a new laboratory to accommodate more scientists and engineers who will work on our recently granted R&D projects. Accordingly, we are strengthening our team with a Materials Scientist/Technologist who will be based in our new lab in Bergen.
The scientist will work with development and optimisation of titania nanomaterials for use in Li-ion batteries and have a key role in both R&D and customer projects. The scientist must be able to plan, run and report experiments, supporting the team with the following:
· Synthesis and product development
· Post-functionalisation of materials, optimising the materials for use in batteries
· Running characterisation instruments and analysing data
· Analyse and correlate battery results with materials properties
· Document and report results in a systematic and clear manner
· MSc/PhD within the fields of materials development, chemistry or nanotechnology.
· Extensive experience with materials synthesis, functionalisation and characterisation.
· Preferably background from electrochemical applications like batteries, supercapacitors, fuel-cells etc.
· Experience with scale-up of chemical production processes and product development (in industry) are strong advantages.
· Strong problem-solving skills in the field material development. When the going gets tough (as it often does in materials synthesis) we need you to be able to turn around and find new pathways in a creative, but yet systematic manner.
· Ability to both synthesise and characterise nanomaterials, as well as understand how to optimise materials properties for use in batteries.
· The right person for the job is self-driven, efficient, structured and a good communicator. Personal suitability is key for us, as we are a small company and depend strongly on each employee`s motivation and skills.
· You are a team-player who enjoy collaboration and knowledge-sharing
· Working language English, preferably proficient in Norwegian.
We offer you a great working environment with dedicated and (at least in our opinion) funny and likeable people. You get the flexibility to build up your own workday and are given freedom to explore your own ideas on the way to the goal – a new battery material for the global market.
Do you want to develop new battery materials and follow them from the laboratory to large-scale production and into battery cells? We will evaluate candidates continuously – send us your application and CV today!
TioTech AS is a Norwegian manufacturer of nanomaterials and a developer of new technologies. We develop the materials in our in-house laboratory and are currently scaling up our production. In half a year we have doubled our number of employees (now counting eight) and we are expanding further. Currently, we have two ongoing IPN projects granted by Norges Forskningsråd, one project supported by Innovasjon Norge and are involved in two other collaborative projects. Our partners include amongst others UiB, KTH Stockholm, SINTEF Energy and Future Materials. The company is privately owned and is backed by an experienced board.
- Sandbrekketoppen 38, 5224 Nesttun
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kjemisk industri
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi
chemistry, R&D, batteries, materials
Spørsmål om stillingen
Sandbrekketoppen 38, 5224 Nesttun
|Sist endret||11. mai 2022 07:28|