Are you looking for an internship in KSAT's New Space department this summer?
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Summer Internship - Software Engineer KSATlite
KSAT is a world leading provider of Ground Network Services and Earth Observation and operate and deliver fast and reliable space services – every day.
As a Software Engineer intern at KSATlite you will join the Newspace department at KSAT working on developing a reliable and fully automated service that connects Space and Earth using the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions, for small satellites and large constellations.
You will work on the same tasks that some of our full-time system engineers are working on, and your contribution will be substantial. At the end of your internship, you will present your work to the rest of KSATlite with your team.
We are looking for students who have completed at least 2 years of higher education in the summer of 2022. We want students with an interest in working in the fast-paced environment of the NewSpace sector. We need students who are sufficient in programming languages such as Python or similar, with an education in physics, data science, math, cybernetics/robotics, electronics, data communication, or similar. It is a plus if you have experience working with machine learning, modelling and simulation or network optimization.
As a Software Engineer intern, your work will be related to:
- Optimizing the usage of the ground station networks
- Modelling and simulating antenna loading
- Forecasting orbital conflicts at ground station
- Creating a reservation tool that can schedule contacts across the grounds station network
What we can offer you this summer
- Facility for personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary
- The tools you need to do the work
- 1-2 weeks of vacation as agreed with KSAT
- Working closely with real space engineers, developing solutions that will be used by space companies around the world
- Fun environment and social gatherings
Practical information about the Internship
- The period of the internship is June to August
- Attach a copy of your transcripts when you apply
We will handle applications continuously.
Candidates in final stage will go through a background check done by Semac.
KSAT is the world's leading commercial satellite center based in Tromsø. KSAT develops and delivers data, information and services based on satellites, and we have customers all over the world. We are a total of 300 employees located in Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm, USA and Oslo. KSAT has stations and antennas all over the world, from Tromsø and Svalbard in the north, via Panama, Singapore and South Africa, to the Troll station in Antarctica in the far south. The number of customers and ground stations is constantly growing, and this strong growth means that we now need new employees.
KSAT, Ingeniør, Sommerjobb, Internship, Software
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Edvard Foss
- Project Manager KSATlite
- Therese Kristiansen
- HR Manager
- 77 60 02 54
Prestvannvegen 38, 9011 Tromsø
|Sist endret||16. mar. 2022 16:02|