Machine Learning for Underwater Camera System
- Machine learning developer / scientist
Optoscale is on a steep growth trajectory and we want to strengthen our technical team with a computer vision professional to join us in developing groundbreaking products for the aquaculture industries. Our vision is to enable sustainable growth in fish farming by providing high quality data about important aspects about the production, such as the growth and welfare of the fish. We are looking for a person who wants to join a great and friendly TEAM. Being employed in OptoScale means being given responsibility together with collaboration across several disciplines, since we do everything from hardware design, through software development, to customer success in our team of 25 people.
We care about our values, which are:
- Customer first: The job is not done before the customer is satisfied
- Respect: We treat everyone we meet with respect
- Curiosity: Each day is a new chance to improve something
- Positivity: Coming into the office shall be a positive experience
OptoScale has developed an industry-leading computer vision system that is used for, among others, estimating fish weight, health and lice on fish. Our hardware product, which we call “The BioScope”, is a stereoscopic camera device with onboard computing and internal light systems. This unit is placed in fish pens and is able to register a wide array of data from approximately 50 000 fish each day. Comparing this to the manual counting of 20 fish per week which is today’s standard, we are ushering in a new paradigm of data for fish farmers. We provide a web portal for the customers to interact with and understand their data. Read more about it in our website under solutions.
You will be part of our AI and Optics team, which currently have 5 people. The existing team members have either an PhD or a MSc in physics, cybernetics or similar. The group is academically strong, and the members have long enxperience in solution development. You will thrive in this team if you are driven by solving probelms with others, value high quality work in a "can-do" environment. We take pride in our work, and want to have fun!
- Machine learning - using existing networks and/or create new to solve problems related to detection of various elements.
- Lead or participate in research activities in order to develop new products
- Programming and implementation of development into working solutions
- Research and development to further improver our products
Skills and experience:
- Machine learning for image applications
- Deep learning
- 3D-imaging/stereo vision
- Edge computing
- MSc eller PhD within relevant field
- seek continous improvement
- able to work independently and in a team
- work systematically
- be able to see the need for new actions to complete our development goals, and able to aquire the skills necessary
We are a group of dedicated and nice people on a mission to change aquaculture, by developing unique sensors equipped with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, delivered by competent people.
AI, edge computing, machine learning, deep learning, aquaculture
|Sist endret||13. apr. 2022 11:44|