Mechanical Engineer (DSS:05/22)
- Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace - Space & Surveillance
- Mechanical Engineer (DSS:05/22)
Do you want to work with deep space?
Have you always wanted to work in the space industry?
Do you want to develop equipment for space exploration?
Shooting for the stars? Join our Space & Surveillance division!
Kongsberg Space Mechanisms is part of the Space & Surveillance division in Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace, and our team specializes in Antenna Pointing Mechanisms (APMA systems) and Solar Array Drive Mechanisms (SADA systems) and the related drive electronics. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in mechanical and mechanism design and related justification/analyses. The position is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience within the field of space and surveillance in one of Norways largest space-divisions. The candidate may in the application also express interest in an opportunity to be team lead for our mechanical products and manage a group of brilliant experts.
Who are we
The Space and Surveillance division at Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience within the space business and delivers a broad spectrum of equipment, systems and services related to space and maritime surveillance customers in more than 40 countries.
Our portfolio includes equipment and components for the European heavy-lift launchers Ariane 5 & 6, NASAs Mars rover Perseverance, equipment for communication, navigation, earth observation satellites as well as scientific space probes and space exploration and space transportation.
KONGSBERG is the Nordics largest supplier of space equipment to ESA, and a reliable supplier of equipment to all major ESA science programs.
Who are you
You are a proactive person with a sociable and positive attitude. Able to find creative and efficient ways to solve difficult tasks, and collaborate well with others. Not only do you make things happen on your own initiative, but you are structured, systematic and have great communication skills. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, experience, and you eagerly support others in the pursuit of team goals.
What will you do:
- Design products and ground support/test equipment in Solid Works
- Perform calculations, simulations and analysis of test data in tools like Mathcad, Matlab etc.
- Engineering support for production, test and verification of the products
- The right candidate may get the opportunity to become team lead in a mechanical product team. This role will mainly consist of the following responsibilities:
- Plan and lead the activities performed by the product team
- Responsible for progress and status for the activities
- Coordinate with the project teams and the line organization
What you need:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Mechanical disciplines (ex: mechatronics)
- Good English writing and verbal communication skills
We will offer you:
- Exciting work in an international environment in the space industry
- A competent and social work environment
- A safe workplace in a growing, expanding and well-established company
- Good insurance, salary and pension plans
The position will require Norwegian and NATO security clearance.
Point of contact
Anne Kristin Alstad (+47 93057420).
About Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace is Norways premier supplier of defence and aerospace-related systems and solutions. The company is a leading supplier of defence products and systems for command and control, surveillance, space, tactical communications, remote weapon stations and missiles systems. Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace also has extensive capabilities within advanced composite manufacturing and maintenance, repair and overhaul within the aircraft and helicopter market.
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS is a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG and consists of seven business areas, each with a world-class product portfolio and a proven track record. Our divisions, and their 3.300 employees, strive to develop and offer innovative and reliable solutions for extreme conditions worldwide.
I over 200 år har KONGSBERG laget løsninger som gjør det mulig for mennesker verden over å levere ekstreme prestasjoner under ekstreme forhold.
Vi er i dag verdensledende på flere områder innenfor maritim virksomhet, forsvar, romfart, olje og gass. Vår styrke er å sette sammen brede kompetansemiljøer rundt produkter, teknologier og markedsbehov.
- Kirkegårdsveien 45, 3616 Kongsberg
- Forsvar og militær
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
|Sist endret||15. feb. 2022 15:08|