Wellsite geologist - offshore
- NES GLOBAL TALENT NORGE AS
- Wellsite geologist
- Contribute to obtain HSE goals by active participation in the HSE work on the rig/platform
- Ensure compliance with security requirements.
- Ensure that established routines for wellsite geology work is being followed (ref GL3549)
- Continuously follow up well signals and evaluate pore pressure and borehole stability.
- Contribute to avoid well control incidents. (Extremely important for HPHT wells)
- Ensure that data acquisition is performed in accordance with activity program, detailed operations procedures and best practice.
- Perform quality control of drilling and geological data related to formation evaluation
- Supervise service companies related to data acquisition.
- Immediately inform the Drilling Supervisor about geo operational issues that can influence safety, cost or well objectives.
- Advise on geological and reservoir technical issues.
- Ensure that all non-conformances are immediately discussed with the Operations Geologist, and properly documented.
- Keep the Operations Geologist continuously posted about well status.
- Prepare preliminary interpretations based on all data available and contribute to the final geological well products.
- Ensure that geological reports and logs are prepared and finalized. Wellsite geologists involved in drilling of HPHT wells and MPD (managed pressure drilling) shall be competent and familiar with the equipment and operational procedures.
- The following E-learning courses are mandatory: • Well integrity basic • MPO basic
- Master degree and 4+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience) OR Bachelor degree an 6+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience)
With over 50 years of expertise, NES Fircroft is an award-winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power and Renewables, Life Science, Chemical, Automotive and Mining sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of consultants. It’s people that deliver projects and with over 100 offices across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East, we have access to the best talent wherever it may be in the world. NES Fircroft can offer a full range of staffing solutions: Contract, Permanent (Direct) Hire, Managed Solutions, or a fully outsourced service. These services are complemented by an industry leading support service and Global Mobility package to ensure clients keep hold of the top talent in a compliant manner for as long as they need it.
|Sist endret||23. feb. 2022 08:56|