We change the oil industry - join us!
- InflowControl AS
- Reservoir Engineer
We are searching for a Reservoir Engineer to be based in Porsgrunn, Norway.
The Reservoir Engineer (RE) is primarily responsible to perform AICV (AICD/ICD) modelling and completion design advice along with technical, operational, and sales support for oil and gas operators purchasing InflowControl’s technology.
In addition, a key function is to provide technical support as part of the client facing technical sales team during client meetings and participating in the preparation of tenders and quotations. The business region where the RE is located will be the primary area of attention and responsibility, however the RE will be asked to support other business units when required within a global remit as part of the InflowControl’s Reservoir Engineering team. Follow up with clients daily in their office, our field offices/workshops, and field locations including the rig will be expected.
We are in an exciting period with rapid global growth and challenging projects and assignments. As Reservoir Engineer you will be part of a leading competence environment and will have excellent career opportunities.
The Reservoir Engineer position will be an influential role working on improvements to existing technology products as well as new development projects. You will have primary responsibility to perform design of AICV® and related lower completion flow control equipment for oil and gas wells. In addition, a key function is to provide technical support and communication with the internal team and suppliers in different projects.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be to:
- perform near well modeling with Autonomous Inflow Control Valve (AICV®) modelling and completion design advice along with technical, operational, and sales support for oil and gas operators purchasing InflowControl’s technology.
- provide technical support as part of the client, facing technical sales team during client meetings and participating in the preparation of tenders and quotations.
- follow up with clients on a daily basis in their office, our field offices/workshops, and field locations including the rig will be expected
- perform NETool subsurface near wellbore modelling for various customers
- prepare technical documents of case evaluations as part of technical proposal process
- support technical sales at client meetings
- publish and present relevant AICV/AICD/ICD related studies in SPE conferences / workshops and/or other relevant technical journals
- provide technical and commercial support and/or submit professional quote/tenders in response to ITT (invitation to tender) and/or RFQ (Request for quotation).
We are looking for a candidate who
- have a master’s degree in petroleum engineering or Reservoir Engineering or a Bachelor’s degree with preference in combined with relevant experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- 0-5 years upstream/subsurface oil & gas experience.
- knowledge of ICD/AICD/AICV
- knowledge of NETool subsurface near wellbore modelling
- have a strong Quality and HSE focus. Sees jobs through to the end and pays close attention to quality issues
- support new ideas and initiatives, enjoys change and novelty and continually looks for ways to improve things
- is team-oriented, considerate, and supportive and works well and effectively with others like colleagues, customers, and external partners
- is self-driven and able to work independently under pressure
- communicates well in both English and Norwegian (spoken and written). Additional languages such as Spanish, Arabic or Russian are highly sought after (spoken and written).
- can travel easily without restriction
As a Reservoir Engineer in InflowControl you will:
- contribute directly to a more effective, sustainable, and environmentally friendly oil industry
- have continuous professional challenges in a position with varied content and work tasks
- be based in InflowControl’s headquarters in Porsgrunn, Norway which comprises state of the art R&D, manufacturing, and top of class R&D flow testing facilities which include modern offices that house all disciplines within the company
- have the possibility to travel to some of our operational sites and offices around the world
In InflowControl there is a lot going on - with strong growth comes a high pace. We set high standards for ourselves and have great ambitions for the future. InflowControl is a company that contributes concretely to environmental benefits and thus contributes to making the oil industry more efficient and sustainable.
We have a good social environment where we take care of each other and work for our colleagues’ success. We are an informal organization with a flat structure, where you have influence on your own workday and the development of the company.
Should you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with our VP Subsurface, Isma Mohd Ismail.
Send your application today - in your application, please describe shortly your reservoir engineering skills and your motivation for working for InflowControl and changing the oil industry!
Upstream, Reservoir, Petroleum, NETool, Subsurface
|Sist endret||5. jan. 2022 15:24|