We are looking for a Bioinformatician
- NEC ONCOIMMUNITY AS
To expand our bioinformatics team, and acting as a bridge with the infectious diseases team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Bioinformatician, proficient in Python.
As a Bioinformatician you will:
- Develope, improve, and maintain Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data processing pipelines
- Develop and maintain frameworks for data ETL and exploration
- Maintain, improve, and re-design unit/integration/regression testing framework
- Refactor existing source code with focus on optimization and modularization/atomization
- Document in a formalized manner the code developed
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions around new feature development
- Collaborate with multiple internal interdisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience in programming languages used for numerical and scientific computing: Python, R, etc.
- Extensive experience in bioinformatics and/or working with biological or genomics data.
- Proficiency in Linux and/or bash scripting.
- A degree of higher education in computer science, Bioinformatics or equivalent studies or extensive similar experience.
- Proficiency in using common software management tools (git, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Located in Oslo (Norway), Mannheim/Heidelberg (Germany) or proximal regions, or willing to relocate. Working remotely from elsewhere in Germany or Norway is also an option if you already have a few years of experience working remotely.
- Experience or interest in learning about the fields of molecular biology, bioinformatics, and virology.
- The ability to work individually and with others of the same or different scientific and technological backgrounds.
- Experience working with viral genomic and/or proteomic data
- Familiarity with immunologic concepts
- Familiarity with cloud environments (GCP)
What we offer
- An exciting working environment at the forefront of AI applied in cancer immunotherapy and infectious diseases research.
- A highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- A fair budget for the hardware and accessories of your choice to get the work done.
- State of the art hardware and computational infrastructure.
- A learning budget you can spend on conferences, online courses and books
- Negotiable salary based on your level of experience.
- Work that has a positive impact on people’s health and life
- Work in an international environment
- Possibilities for further professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Social and team-building activities.
How to apply
Tell us why you’re interested in working with us by clicking "Søk her"
Note that applications without a cover letter accompanying the CV will not be considered.
Who are we?
NEC OncoImmunity AS is an artificial intelligence (AI) driven biotech company offering proprietary machine-learning software, which addresses the key gaps in the prediction of bona fide immunogenic antigens for personalized cancer immunotherapy and infectious disease vaccines.
We are dedicated to developing scalable software solutions that facilitate effective patient selection for cancer immunotherapy, and identifying optimal neoantigen targets for truly personalized cancer vaccines & cell therapies in a clinically actionable time frame.
Our growing international team (13 countries and counting!) consists of a diverse mix of data scientists, bioinformaticians, immunologists, cancer researchers, and software developers.
NEC OncoImmunity AS is a subsidiary of the NEC Corporation, and is based in the Oslo Cancer Cluster buildings in Oslo, Norway.
|Sist endret||1. jun. 2022 11:36|