Naval Architect / Marine Machinery Engineer
- Alma Clean Power
- Naval Architect / Marine Machinery Engineer
Alma is a startup. We are the first company to be launched out of Clara Venture Labs, a venture platform backed by Aker. Here, great minds are given the resources they need to make their visions for the future a reality. Alma’s vision is to enable a zero-emission future for ocean industries.
Alma has set out on a journey to develop clean power solutions for the future maritime and offshore industry. The introduction to our adventure is our world leading competence in fuel cell technology and more than 30 years of research and innovation in maritime, energy and space technology. We are now building the world’s first large scale ammonia fuel cell demonstration on a commercial vessel.
We are seeking a variety of positions to grow our team of adventurers. We are now looking for a Naval Architect/Marine Machinery Engineer to join our Product Development team.
We are encouraging all kinds of people to apply, given that you are curious, ambitious, and motivated to put in what it takes to play a vital part in the energy transition and write industrial history
What will you be doing?
- Be a key player in a creative product development team
- Commercial development of fuel cell systems for green shipping and offshore
- Secure efficient Integration of fuel cell power systems on maritime and offshore applications
- Drive certification and approval processes towards industrial standards, class society and flag states.
- Contribute to the design & optimization of fuel cell modules, including safety systems & interfaces towards other ship systems
- Safety documentation/Hazardous/Toxic zone planning
- Relevant Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in naval architecture / mechanical engineering
- Experience with ship design, building and marine power/propulsion systems
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and class rules for installation of marine machinery and power systems
- Good written and oral English
More reasons to work with us
- Competitive compensation, insurance and benefit packages
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and active owner with large network through Clara Venture Labs and Aker ASA
- Proximity to public transport (Bybanen)
- Free parking
Main reason you should work with us is that Alma will become one of the leading forces in the energy transition in the ocean industries and your contribution will be essential. If you are looking for a challenging, fast-paced and meaningful job, Alma is the place for you.
Application and CV to be written in Norwegian or English.
Primarily looking for candidates with 5-10 years of experience but graduates and more experienced adventurers are also welcome to apply.
Alma is a venture by Clara Venture Labs, a venture platform owned by Aker ASA.
Alma provides zero emission energy solutions for maritime, offshore and land-based applications. We aim to develop highly efficient, compact and modular solutions based on high-temperature fuel cell technology with the ability to run on multiple fuels, such as ammonia, hydrogen, methanol, LOHC, biogas and liquified natural gas. In a time where future green fuel availability is uncertain, Alma clean power technology allows ship owners to reduce risk by choosing the engine, not the fuel type
- Fantoftvegen 38, 5072 Bergen
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Kraft og energi,
- Olje og gass,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Marinteknikk / Naval architecture,
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
Skipsdesign, Brenselcelle, Prototech, Maritim, Maskineri
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Hans Fredrik Lindøen-Kjellnes
- Product Director
- 412 40 292
- Tjalve Svendsen
- Project Director
- 482 62 250
- Sonia Faaland
- Head of Research and Development
- 959 10 543
Fantoftvegen 38, 5072 Bergen
|Sist endret||9. des. 2021 07:38|