Research Scientist - exiting opportunity in leading Norwegian Biotech
- Oncoinvent AS
- Research Scientist
Research Scientist, radionuclide therapies
Oncoinvent AS is looking for a Research Scientist to strengthen the Research and Development team at the laboratory facility in Oslo. Today the R&D team consists of seven research scientists and PhD students. The position is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative and dynamic company and participate in the development of novel pharmaceuticals.
The research scientist will be working with developments and testing of targeted alpha therapy candidates for treatment of cancer. The position is in the team that develops the pipeline products of Oncoinvent and will have responsibilities within radionuclide developments.
The company prides itself with an inclusive working environment with a shared vision, in new modern facilities in Nydalen in Oslo, close to the sub way station.
- Perform Laboratory experiments related to development of radiopharmaceutical products
- Participate in development of process for radionuclide preparation, perform extractions, labelings, measurements
- Assist in planning and performing analyses and research experiments
- Record, analyse and communicate results of experiments
- Write and review experimental protocols and reports
- Organize data and results
- Troubleshooting of experimental design and analytical methods
- Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation as needed
- Writing of SOPs and other instructional documents
- The position requires work with radioactive materials. It is therefore important to comply with radiation protection and other health and safety procedures during laboratory experiments.
Qualifications and experience:
The holder of this position should have the following documented qualifications and experience:
- Sc. in radiochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry or biotechnology
- 2-5 years relevant work experience in radiochemistry and/chemistry, with experience in preparation and testing of radiopharmaceutical candidates to be preferred
- Fluent in oral and written English and preferably working knowledge in Norwegian.
- A successful candidate should enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team displaying a systematic and analytical approach while being able to plan and perform tasks completing them on time. The candidate should be curious of nature and display an innovative behaviour.
The holder of this position will be based at Oncoinvent AS, Gullhaugveien 7, 0484 Oslo. The position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer
Application deadline: We are reviewing the applications on a rolling basis.
Please submit your application with a motivational letter stating “why Oncoinvent” and what you can contribute to the position as well as an updated CV. Application without this will not be reviewed further.
Oncoinvent is a privately held Norwegian company based in Nydalen, Oslo. The company is committed to developing novel, innovative products to provide better treatment options for cancer patients.
The Oncoinvent team consists of 40 employees and the company anticipates further growth.
Oncoinvent holds a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility to produce drug product intended for use in pre-clinical and clinical trials. Clinical trials for Oncoinvent’s lead product, Radspherin® are ongoing. For further details on Oncoinvent see www.oncoinvent.com.
The facility holds a GMP certificate from the Norwegian Medical Agency. The approval provides the company with the necessary flexibility and capacity for manufacturing clinical trial material for both patients and trial sites, as well as developing the company further.
The company’s lead product candidate Radspherin® is a novel alpha-emitting radioactive microsphere suspension designed for treatment of micro-metastatic cancers in body cavities. The radium-224 based therapeutic, Radspherin® has shown strong and consistent anticancer activity at doses being essentially non-toxic in preclinical studies. It is anticipated that the product can potentially treat several forms of micro-metastatic cancer.
The development programs of the pipeline of the company include targeted radionuclide therapy for treatment of various solid cancers. The main focus of discovery is on alpha-emitting radionuclides for treatment by regional administration of the drug in body compartments with disseminated solid tumours.
Forskning, Nukleærmedisin, Kreftterapi, Radioterapi, Innovasjon
|Sist endret||15. des. 2021 16:00|