Looking for a job where you can use your ICT interest to help your colleagues?
- GAC Norway AS
- ICT Support Assistant
Delivering your strategy is our tagline and what we aim for in all that we do. To deliver on this promise to our customers within the shipping and logistics industries, we need to provide our employees with support and the best possible tools. In connection with this, we are looking for a motivated assistant to our ICT Manager – someone who has the competency to help their colleagues with their ICT related challenges as well as a genuine interest in finding new solutions to make the workday a little bit easier.
The ideal candidate has the ability to see a challenge from all angles, interest to learn about all aspects of the business and the people who use our systems, and a customer service approach to providing support to colleagues.
Your tasks and areas of responsibility will include:
- Proactively seek input from employees, leaders and other stakeholders to ensure continual improvements that provide additional value for the users
- Discover possibilities and support digitalization projects
- Evaluate the user experience and suggest changes that ensure improved competency and quality development
- Provide excellent customer service to your internal customers in operations and support services, including helping them to implement process improvements and solutions
- Remain updated on relevant laws and regulations
- Provide support, guidance and training for IT and improvement projects, including GAC in-house and external systems, adapting your approach to suit the skill level of each employee
- Providing support on projects related to sustainability and supplier management
Other job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, we provide 24/7/365 service, and you will share responsibility with the ICT Manager to respond to urgent needs also after normal work hours
- This position provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues in the maritime industry in a company that values what each unique individual brings to the table
- Upon hire, you will cooperate with your leader and others to create a training plan aimed to help you reach your potential
- Our headquarters are in Bergen and the position will be based out of Bergen. However, much of the duties of this position do not require physical presence. We are open to providing home office solutions to candidates that are unable to come to the office every day due to distance, personal situation, or personal preference; however, this position does require some physical attendance to set up hardware and other related tasks.
- Competent in Office 365, including Teams and SharePoint
- Exceptional written and verbal English skills
- Fluency in Norwegian
- Proficient using ICT as a tool for increased efficacy and efficiency as well as providing value to the user
- Relevant coursing or education within administration, shipping, logistics, ICT or other relevant. Relevant industry or ICT experience can compensate for lacking education
- Genuine interest to apply yourself and further develop your competencies
- It would be an advantage with basic knowledge of SQL, communication solutions, and network competency
- Good at creating systems and order, finding improvements and efficiencies
- An internal drive to deliver quality in your own work as well as initiate improvement projects to help others
- Attention to the needs of your colleagues as your internal customer and a true desire to meet these needs
- Proficient communication skills
- Problem solving approach to new challenges
- An open, inclusive, trust-based, and flexible workplace culture in an international environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a globally recognized shipping and logistics company
- Equitable salary with automatic increases upon proven competency development
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance - including health insurance
If you have questions regarding the position or recruiting process, please send an email or SMS for quickest response.
GAC Norway is the country’s oldest shipping agency. Established in 1845 and merged with GAC group to become GAC Norway in 2007, the company has handled over 12,000 vessels in more than 100 countries.
ICT, SQL, data, technology, digital
|Sist endret||27. okt. 2021 16:20|