Tax Manager - Renewables
- Subsea 7 Norway AS
- Tax Manager - Renewables
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ at Subsea 7.
Subsea 7 has an opportunity for a Tax Manager to join its global tax team, with a primary focus on supporting the Group’s Renewables projects and investments.
Reporting into a UK-based Regional Tax Director, the successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Norwegian corporate tax, as well as a good knowledge of international tax principles, strong communication skills and a “can do” attitude.
The role is designed to be Stavanger-based; regular travel to Oslo and London to meet with key management will be required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Compliance and Reporting deliverables including:
- Preparation of Norwegian corporate tax computations and returns, including returns for companies falling within the Norwegian tonnage tax regime, and liaising with overseas external advisers to ensure international tax compliance obligations are met
- Quarterly and year end reporting tax packs and associated deliverables.
- Tax disclosures for statutory accounting purposes
- Provide support on transfer pricing obligations, compliance and documentation
- Manage tax enquiries and tax audits, and ensure that all dealings with tax authorities are conducted in an open and professional manner
- Provide clear, practical and business focussed advice on the tax implications of projects and tenders.
- Identification of compliance obligations and potential tax risks, and implementation of appropriate responses and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work with the business to establish appropriate operating structures, and to identify tax efficiencies / minimise inefficiencies.
- Coordinate with legal and finance teams on specific projects, including financing, cash repatriation, acquisitions and disposals.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Professional tax qualification / accounting qualification required.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience working in an accounting or legal practice, or in industry.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry and Norwegian and/or European tonnage tax regimes.
- A general tax background encompassing knowledge of indirect and personnel taxes would highly beneficial.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work autonomously, take ownership of projects and drive these to completion.
- A clear and effective communicator is required, with high professional standards and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple jurisdictions and from a range of cultures.
- Candidates must be fluent in Norwegian and English.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well providing a wide range benefits and a flexible working environment.
Whatever your dreams or ambitions, there are exciting career opportunities with Subsea 7, connecting people and energy all over the world.
- Kanalsletta 9, 4033 Stavanger
- Kraft og energi,
- Maritim og offshore
- Økonomi og regnskap
|Sist endret||12. okt. 2021 09:18|