- Andøya Space
- Safety Manager
The Operations and Business Support Division is responsible for operational and business support to all business divisions at Andøya Space.
The division includes IT, Service, Launch Operations, Safety, Property and Human Resources. It consists of more than 50 employees.
The Safety and Security Department will further develop the safety and security management system at the corporate level in line with the company's growth, objectives and ambitions.
Your role will be of both a strategic and policy character within the company’s Safety Management System and an operational role in providing assistance and advice towards the business divisions. Strengthening safety culture will be a key focus area for the position.
Together with Director Safety and Security and other key personnel, you will be a key participant in the day-to-day management of the safety and security management system. You will have a comprehensive area of responsibility and will have contact with all customers, suppliers, authorities and partners.
As Safety Manager, you will have the opportunity to further develop and professionalize corporate governance in the safety area:
- Establish, maintain, and contribute to compliance with an upgraded Safety Management System.
- Develop policy, regulations, and objectives.
- Risk management in the safety area, analysis, verifications, inspections, audits, reporting and follow-up.
- Ensure internal training and competence-creating work to ensure good practice and awareness in the business.
- Promote a just reporting culture and create a well-functioning system for nonconformity management in safety.
- Develop plans for implementing the Safety Management System.
- Safeguard the safety interface against third parties (customers, suppliers, partners).
- Lead or facilitate internal investigations of safety related accidents and incidents.
- Work with all the business areas and support the managers with decision-making and safety advice.
- Coordinate risk analyses, statistics, and trend overviews, and more.
- Prepare, assess, and present reports to corporate management and safety forums (e.g. Safety Review Board).
- Participate in Andøya Space's emergency response organization and crisis management.
Qualifications - education
- You have a higher relevant education at master's level, combined with experience from safety at the corporate level, preferably with international activity and in technology/industry.
- Experience from space or aviation business will be an advantage.
- You have leadership skills and preferably experience from project management, with a professional insight and understanding on topics such as safety and quality, safety management, internal control, HSE, risk assessments, reporting and nonconformities, competence management and safety culture.
- If you are a sociable person, have high personal and professional integrity, are analytical, structured and have a planned and systematic approach to the tasks – you are probably exactly the one we are looking for.
- It is essential that the applicant may gain a Norwegian security clearance.
- In addition, good technical, interpersonal and communication skills and being proficient in English oral and writing will be emphasized.
- Applicants must have a Class B driver’s license.
We look for a combination of the following traits, skills and personal values:
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- The workplace will primarily be at Andøya Space, but assignments to our station in Ny-Ålesund on Svalbard may also be relevant for shorter periods.
We offerAndøya Space is a stimulating international working environment, within an active local community, on an island providing many opportunities for outdoor pursuits. Diversity in the workplace is essential to Andøya Space and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, communities, and industries. Salary is by agreement and we also offer competitive pension and insurance arrangements. Andøya Space supports flexible working hours, we can assist newcomers in finding housing and we may provide support for relocation costs. The position is subject to a standard six-month probationary period.
Andøya Space is a Norwegian aerospace company. We enable scientists to explore Earth’s atmosphere with sounding rockets, balloons, unmanned aircraft and advanced ground-based instrumentation. We enable engineers to test new aerospace and defense related technology. We educate and inspire the next generation scientists and engineers. We are now working to establish Norway’s - and Europe’s - launch facility for small satellites.
- Bleiksvegen 46, 8480 Andenes
|Sist endret||11. okt. 2021 08:58|