- Andøya Space
- Surveillance Officer
Working tasks / responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Surveillance Officer will be as a team member in a growing department that are involved in operational activities in Missile, Ballistic Rocket and Orbital launches.
Andøya Space will be looking for a range of qualifications from applicants in the field of Surveillance in air, sea and flight. There will be additional tasks for individuals outside operational activities such as maintenance, development, and other IT-related tasks. We have a total of 4 new positions.
The main tasks are:
- Operate Marine surveillance radar
- Monitor and communicate with ship traffic in the vicinity of the Notified danger area at sea.
- Operate CCTV systems to monitor the close range area before a launch.
- Provide relevant information to the Range Safety Officer to ensure the best possible situational awareness in regards to Safety.
- Support Mission planning
- Participate in simulator training
- Support the Division in other administrative tasks
Qualifications - education
- We are seeking an applicant with a degree in a relevant discipline and/or with extensive experience and knowledge from operative functions within aviation, space or search and rescue.
- Commercial or national security considerations may apply to some operations; it is therefore essential that the applicant may gain a Norwegian security clearance.
- In addition, good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Being proficient in English oral and writing.
- Applicants must have a Class B driver’s license.
We look for colleagues with a combination of skills, personal traits, and attitudes. They include:
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- The workplace will primarily be Andøya Space but work at our station in Ny Ålesund on Svalbard may also be relevant for shorter periods.
We offerAndøya Space is a stimulating international working environment, within an active local community, on an island providing many opportunities for outdoor pursuits. Diversity in the workplace is essential to Andøya Space and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, communities, and industries. Salary is by agreement. Pension and insurance arrangements. Andøya Space supports flexible working hours, we can assist newcomers to find housing and we may provide support for relocation costs. The position is subject to a standard six-month probationary period.
Andøya Space is a Norwegian aerospace company. We enable scientists to explore Earth’s atmosphere with sounding rockets, balloons, unmanned aircraft and advanced ground-based instrumentation. We enable engineers to test new aerospace and defense related technology. We educate and inspire the next generation scientists and engineers. We are now working to establish Norway’s - and Europe’s - launch facility for small satellites.
- Antall stillinger
- Bleiksvegen 46, 8480 Andenes
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Benny Lysfjord
- Director of Launch Operations
- 993 30 290
Bleiksvegen 46, 8480 Andenes
|Sist endret||8. okt. 2021 13:24|