Would you like to join the next revolution in renewable energy?
- Aker Offshore Wind
- Summer Internship, Offshore Wind Engineering
We believe the next revolution in renewable energy will be offshore floating wind. Do you want to be part of our journey? We are already working to realize projects around the world, from California to South Korea – and Norway.
We need talented and ambitious people to make this happen. If you think you have got what it takes, get in touch.
The Engineering Summer Interns will be part of the Technology & Engineering or The Policy & Sustainability teams. The positions are located at Aker Offshore Wind HQ in Fornebu, Oslo.
Aker Offshore Wind is offering an Offshore Wind Engineering Summer Internship and are searching for up to four students to work with us during summer 2022. You will be working together on a project assignment, in addition to doing relevant engineering work directly related to our wind farm developments and business needs. Our team will support and guide you along the way, although we also expect you to be able to work independently.
Each student will be organized within one of Aker Offshore Winds departments but may also coordinate tasks across the departments. The engineering summer students will be given tasks within the following departments:
- Wind Farm System Engineering
- Power and Cable Systems
- Foundations, Mooring and Marine Operations
- Environmental impact assessment / Policy & Sustainability
We have a long-term view on our recruitment, and upon completion of the internship there could be an opportunity for also writing your master thesis for us and potentially taking on a full-time position once you graduate.
Who are you?
We are looking for candidates who possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- 4th year engineering students who will graduate summer 2023 (this is a strict requirement that must be adhered to)
- Students primarily within the following disciplines: Marine Technology, Electrical Power, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Economics and Technology Management, and environmental impact evaluations and management within an offshore context.
- Strong academic results
- Enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and agile work environment
- Curiosity to learn about all technical, non-technical and environmental aspects of offshore wind developments
- Commercial mindset
- Programming skills (e.g. Python)
- Ability to work in a structured manner, juggling a variety of tasks and projects with both short and long deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders in English. Nordic and other languages are considered a plus
Why Aker Offshore Wind?
- This is a great opportunity for both professional and personal development in a new and expansive competence environment
- You will find a social and creative work environment with a large degree of influence on your own everyday work, enabling a good work/life balance
- We have a positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
For further information please contact:
Camilla Dahlgren, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Email:Camilla.email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, grade transcripts and diplomas.
Aker Offshore Wind strives to create a sustainable future. We are an offshore wind developer headquartered in Norway with focus on assets in deep waters. With global operations, the current portfolio consists of development projects and prospects located in Asia, North America and Europe. Aker Offshore Wind effectively deploys cost-effective technologies from decades of offshore energy developments and through its ownership stake in Principle Power.
- Antall stillinger
- OKSENØYVEIEN 8, 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
System Engineering, Power, Marine, Offshore Wind, Internship
|Sist endret||4. okt. 2021 13:54|