Senior Software Engineer CNP Web
- Senior Software Engineer CNP Web
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core News Product (CNP) Web team. CNP is Schibsted's common publishing product platform, residing in the Shared Products & Platforms organisation (SPP). CNP Web is building the common web platform that is the foundation for all of Schibsted's publications, including some of the most visited websites in the Nordics like Aftonbladet in Sweden and VG in Norway. It's an audacious and fun project with high velocity and impact.
In CNP web you'll get to work with an engaged and highly skilled team of dedicated and caring engineers, and you're placed squarely in the epicentre of the collaboration culture we're building between our diverse product- and tech teams. Schibsted has a vast developer community across many different companies, including online marketplaces and other high traffic sites. We encourage developers to assist and share knowledge across companies, and you will be able to leverage the collective expertise and knowledge when solving many complex problems, and also contribute back with your own.
Schibsted promotes learning and growth, and to make sure it happens, every second Friday in our team is dedicated to learning or hacking. There are no expectations on you that anything actionable comes out of it, only that you use the time to actually learn and delve deeper into something that is meaningful to you.
What you will do
- Bring ideas to the team and drive the development of our platform
- Experiment with new technology and frameworks, and learn from that
- Ensure the performance of the platform
- Establish patterns, build tools and platforms that engineers outside the team can use to build cutting edge news media functionality
- Teaching and evangelizing best practices to your colleagues, since our work is used by many other teams across Schibsted News Media
Who you are
- You have experience with building and delivering web-based applications
- You know the importance of testing and writing good tests are a natural part of your code
- You care deeply about web performance, and enjoy creating tools and platforms that make it easy for other developers to create performant code
- You love working in a highly collaborative agile team
- You are able to look at a problem, formulate and communicate a technically scalable solution
- You are passionate about developer experience, ensuring that tools you build are fast and “just work”
- You are a fluent English-speaker, since our team have mixed nationalities and are distributed in Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Product & Tech is responsible for product development and technology platforms for News Media brands. The unit consists of product managers, software engineers, UX experts, and user researchers. Most of our teams work distributed, with colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow, Gdansk, Bergen, and Stavanger.
Fullstack Engineer, Software Engineer, Frontend Engineer, Software Developer
|Sist endret||12. nov. 2021 22:50|