Do you want to contribute to reducing the shipping industrys environmental footprint?
- ABS Europe Ltd
- Sustainability Manager
- As soon as possible
Your work will include looking into sustainability and decarbonization related issues across the maritime and offshore sector. You will be involved in international projects and help clients improve the overall environmental performance of their vessels. The Sustainability Manager will cooperate closely with our Business Development team and provide support and consultancy on sustainability topics such as reduction of Green House Gas emissions and environmental footprint.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and services to clients on sustainability and decarbonization related issues, such as reduction of GHG emissions for new and existing ships, including energy efficiency improvements and innovative technologies.
- Initiate and manage joint development projects with clients or OEMs.
- Initiate and participate in Joint Industry Projects.
- Presentations in conferences and seminars.
- Develop thorough understanding of national and international regulatory developments in relation to environmental protection.
- Contribute in the development of tools and services of ABS Global Sustainability.
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Fuels production and usage, emission mitigation technologies and methodologies
- Environmental and ESG schemes.
- Commercial vessel design and/or operation, marine propulsion plants, ship systems and emissions.
You will join the Global Sustainability Center in Oslo. The Oslo section is part of the ABS Global Sustainability Center headquartered in Athens with other offices in Houston, Singapore and Shanghai. The Center works closely ties with the corporate Business Development team, as well as Corporate Technology, Global Engineering and Global Gas Solutions departments.
We encourage anyone to apply for this role - in ABS, we are pro-diversity, and do not discriminate against anyone based on personal characteristics. The Company is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and personnel practices, including recruitment, advancement, salary and benefits, termination and retirement processes.
For questions regarding this role, please contact our recruitment partner at Head4More, Silje Mikalsen, (+47 915 75 443) or Marie Victoria Ødegaard, (+47 926 82 293). Show your interest by registering your CV via the søk her button or via the ad at www.head4more.com. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Since its founding in 1862, ABS has been committed to setting standards for safety and excellence as one of the world’s leading ship classification organizations. We search for and establish the best solutions for the industries we serve, and are at the forefront of marine and offshore innovation.
In a constantly evolving industry, ABS works alongside its partners tackling the most pressing technical, operational and regulatory challenges so the marine and offshore industries can operate safely, securely and responsibly.
The surveyors, engineers, researches and regulatory specialists who form the ABS team work in more than 200 offices in 70 countries around the world. With a passion for making the world a safer place, while also delivering practical and innovative solutions, ABS stands ready to assist and advance the marine and offshore industries.
Consultancy, Sustainability, Maritime, Project management, Offshore
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Silje A. Mikalsen
- Management Consultant
- Marie Victoria Ødegaard
- Business Analyst/Researcher
Filipstad brygge 1, 0252 Oslo
|Sist endret||12. okt. 2021 11:11|