Do you want a job positively impacting the planet?
- Carbon Limits AS
Did you know that bioenergy with CCS is one of the ways to effectively remove carbon from the atmosphere? Or that oil and gas production was the second largest anthropogenic source of methane emissions in the world and that they could easily be avoided? Or that a “ton of CO2 reduced” may mean something very different depending on the certification scheme? Would you want to explore these questions further?
Carbon Limits is looking for a new team member to make a real difference to climate change mitigation. The company has been a key actor over the past 10 years on the following themes: methane emission reduction (i), Carbon capture and utilization or sequestration (CCS/CCUS) (ii), climate policy (iii), carbon pricing (iv), decarbonization strategies (v), emissions accounting, monitoring and reporting (vi) agriculture and biogas (vii) (We invite you to explore some of our past projects on our website: https://www.carbonlimits.no/project/.)
Carbon Limits “specificities” include:
- Working internationally in more than 30 countries. The project team is working mainly in countries with significant mitigation potential, focusing on collaborating with local companies to make a difference.
- Working for all the actors: NGO, development banks, private sectors and regulators, giving us a truly unbiased position.
- A truly diverse team with varied nationalities, background, experience, and personality who all share a common vision and values
You may join projects focusing on a range of topics such as:
- Techno-economic assessment of emission reduction projects
- Policy and regulatory assessment for CCS and/or carbon markets development
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of various value chains
- Development and delivery of specialized training courses
- Build country/company specific models and interactive tools
- Support establishing methane emissions inventory along the oil and gas value chain in various countries using a proprietary tool
Required Skills and Experience
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A postgraduate degree (master degree or equivalent) as an engineer, industrial ecologist or economist, with excellent academic records.
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Consulting experience is considered an advantage
- Experience from GHG emission reduction projects is considered an advantage
How do you define yourself?
- You are curious and interested to work on different topics
- You are keen to learn about new topics at a fast pace and develop a broad range of expertise, jumping between different types of projects or different topics.
- You have strong quantitative analytical skills in general and an excellent command of MS Excel in particular
- You are a team player, always prepared to help others
- You enjoy working autonomously and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- You are excited to work in a small fast-growing company, where everyone contributes to building the company’s future but also to everyday work environment.
- You are passionate about and dedicated to climate change mitigation!
- You have excellent English skills (written and spoken)
- Fluency in Norwegian is considered a plus
Carbon Limits offer stimulating and challenging assignments in a dynamic work environment. You will join a caring and “close-knit” team of passionate and dedicated international experts. The position is based in Oslo and some international travel can be expected. Carbon Limits is a company with considerable growth potential and you will be able to influence and shape your own and the company’s areas of work.
If you find this opportunity interesting, please send in your CV, university transcripts and motivation letter to the email listed here or contact Stephanie Saunier, +47 913 84 611. We look forward to hearing from you!!
Application closes on 10/10/21
Carbon Limits works with public authorities, private companies, finance institutions and non-governmental organizations to reduce emissions of greenhouse gas emissions from energy sector operations. Our team assists clients in the identification and development of projects that mitigate climate change and generate economic value and provide advice in the design and implementation of climate and energy policies and regulations.
Carbon Limits has a multi-disciplinary team of experts with background from public services, energy industries, international organizations as well as consultancy and research. The team has the ability to understand and analyze complex issues related to the scale and characteristics of emissions and energy sector operations hence providing a solid basis for analyses and advice on climate change mitigation measures and strategies.
- C J Hambros plass 2, 0164 Oslo
- Konsulent og rådgivning,
- Kraft og energi,
konsulent, klima, miljø, sustainability, climate mitigation
|Sist endret||11. okt. 2021 00:00|