Are you our new VP Sustainability?
- VP Sustainability
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company that develops products and services to help people think better in a distracted world. In a short amount of time, we’ve grown from a small startup to having over 200 permanent employees and two fantastic offices in central Oslo. Following the successful launch of our second-generation paper tablet, which was named as one of TIME's "100 Best Innovations of 2020", we’re facing new challenges and opportunities as we expand into the global arena. That is why we are looking for a VP Sustainability who will define and drive reMarkable’s sustainability strategy across products, services, value chain and branding. Do you want to help influence and improve the footprint of reMarkable?
About the role
As VP Sustainability, you will have a central role in the strategy department, as well as in other parts of the organization. One of reMarkable’s long term goals is to develop technological, sustainable products and services. In order to reach this goal, it is critical to have a dedicated role to champion sustainability, with the necessary expertise to make informed decisions and prioritise different aspects.You will work across the company to ensure that the sustainability strategy is fit for purpose and is followed through on various operations and projects.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
You have several years of experience within strategy, project- and process management, and have a strong interest in sustainability. You enjoy an environment with high pace, and have the ability to balance between priorities. Problem solving appears as exciting, and you identify new opportunities and initiatives to ensure that we do what we can to minimize our footprint, while at the same time creating value for our customers. You have experience from sustainability in businesses and/or organizations through a similar sustainability role or from consulting. Team-work is seen as rewarding and you have a high implementation ability.
In addition to the above mentioned, we believe that you will love to work with us if you’re solution oriented, positive, relationship - and result oriented, and willing to learn.
Examples of tasks and responsibilities:
- Define a holistic sustainability strategy across products, services, value chain, branding, organisation, etc.
- Utilise external research and insights to inform the appropriate sustainability strategy and tactical actions
- Work across the company to inform and support strategic and tactical decision making related to sustainability, including:
- Support our Supply Chain department with defining criteria to assess suppliers
- Work with our Product department on criteria to assess material and technology decisions, and support specific projects with developing sustainable products
- Support our Marketing team to define an appropriate level of transparency in branding and to deliver sustainable services
- Work with our Strategy team to ensure reMarkable is a diverse and inclusive organisation and to anchor the sustainability strategy in reMarkable’s overall strategy
- Project Management - Initialise and manage firm-wide sustainability initiatives
- Program Management - Follow up and coordinate between all the different major sustainability initiatives in the company
- Utilise appropriate tools to continually track and analyze reMarkable’s footprint and the impact of actions taken
- Provide regular reports to the management group on reMarkable’s current footprint, the impact of actions taken, and the plan for next steps
- Define, implement and follow up firm-wide sustainability policies
- This is a new role, and there will be great opportunities to shape the role
- Strong experience within strategy and sustainable strategy
- Strong experience with people- and project management
- Higher education at masters level
- 6-10 years of relevant working experience
- Experience from working with sustainability in complex supply chains and with physical products
We think you are:
- Action-oriented and ability to prioritize
- Strong implementation skills
- Great team-working skills
- Strong communication skills - effectively communicate with multidisciplinary teams
- Analytical skills
- Strong internal drive to create a sustainable business and society
- Enjoy an environment with continuous change and high pace
- Kind and trustworthy
Vi ønsker å tiltrekke oss folk som virkelig vil påvirke, lykkes og som pusher grensene. Vi tror på en digital fremtid der folk ikke mister fokus og tilstedeværelse – og vi kjemper for det vi tror på.
ledelse, strategiutvikling, bærekraft, sustainability
|Sist endret||19. okt. 2021 00:04|