New opening at Greenpeace
- Greenpeace Nordic
- Application specialist
Are you looking for a job with a purpose? Do you feel passionate about protecting the environment and working in an open and flexible organization that fosters feedback and initiative?
Join us in our efforts in building a more agile and efficient technology organisation, thriving on mobility, digitalization and innovation.
We offer you absolutely best colleagues, authentic leadership, coaching and development opportunities, great work-life balance and possibilities to grow in a large global organization.
We hope that you are either a seasoned specialist or developing professional, with some accumulated experience in the field of Systems Administration, DevOps, and with some experience in successfully overseeing or leading complex technology projects. You are capable of seeing the big picture and taking the initiative, while being committed to continuous learning.
About the job
This role has a heavy focus on Systems Administration and Applications Management, including our physical and cloud infrastructure, orchestration tools and groupware solutions. The right candidate will possess the relevant people skills to successfully influence our culture and champion new and innovative solutions to our stakeholders, in - both - agile and waterfall methods.
Additionally to hands-on skills in keeping the wheels on our systems turning and project management, we want to leverage your expertise in technology wider, constantly looking beyond the horizon, for solutions to problems not yet existing. As we are rapidly transforming our organization and processes towards a Digital Workspace, there will be space for your ideas, input and pet projects.
You will also contribute to the success of other departments by providing end-user support for issues requiring either a hands-on approach, or scenarios in which the support team might be otherwise hindered.
- Full ownership of our physical, virtual and public cloud systems infrastructure, orchestration solutions, integrations and access management.
- Maintain and continuously revise our IT landscape managing our groupware and function-specific applications
- Adapt, improve and optimize our CI/CD, orchestration scripts and DevOps workflows.
- Liaison to Global IT services, drive and pull suggestions benefiting the entire ecosystem/our stakeholders. Champion global solutions locally as Product Owner.
- Maintain infrastructure and applications systems level and end-user documentation
- Ensure users of IT services receive appropriate training
- Ensure supported IT assets are handled according to organizational standards and policies
- Participate in and contributing to the yearly planning process
- Participate in support for end-users when needed and providing troubleshooting for escalated issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or equivalent job experience
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows server environments, DevOps tools (Puppet, CI/CD, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Common understanding of DBs and APIs, Full stack, Grafana
- People skills to influence culture and successfully introduce new ways and technologies of working
- Ability to oversee multiple responsibilities and execute or manage complete project cycles in Agile or hybrid manner
- Excellent understanding of enterprise level IT security, cyber threats and prevention mechanisms.
- Desire and willingness to learn new technologies as required by the organization’s management and the needs of the organization’s business model
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills in English
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Public cloud architecture
- Software, mobile or web development experience
More about the job
This position is offered on a permanent contract.
We prefer candidates within physical proximity to our offices in Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo.
How to apply
Interested parties please apply with your resume with a cover letter. (All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
For more information regarding the role or Greenpeace Nordic as an employer, please reach out to IT Operations Manager, Janne Louhikari.
In Sweden we have a collective agreement with Unionen. If you want to get in contact with the Union representative in Sweden, or the local staff representatives in the other Nordic countries, please contact Camilla Engborg (Swedish Union Chair) phone: +4687027070
Greenpeace Nordic is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!
|Sist endret||17. sep. 2021 12:49|