We are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for modern cloud solutions
- DNB Bank ASA
- Data Engineer Cloud
Who are you and what is your mission as a Cloud Data Engineer in our team!
We are in the process of renewing several of our data value chains and we aim to set even more focus on data. We are looking for you who loves data as much as we do. You see data as a great value, and you constantly seek for opportunities to utilize data in a way that gives our customers and DNB the greatest possible benefits. You are passionate about good craftsmanship and building high quality data products. You enjoy working at the meeting point of business and IT and want to make a difference by simplifying the way we do banking today.
You are self-driven, versatile and strive to deliver the best possible technical solutions, while also enjoy interacting closely with other technical and business teams. Through focus on automation and quality we aim to enable team members to find a balance between design, support and learning activities. You have an agile and proactive mindset, take ownership to tasks and ensures their resolve and contribute to your own and the team’s growth through continuous learning and improvement.
- Work closely with various data domains and business areas on mapping and designing information flow across data producers and consumers.
- Design, build and operate cloud based data warehouse, data mart and data lake solutions which ensure optimal storage, compute performance, information security and privacy
- Apply CI/CD and test automation to new and existing data pipeline workflows
Ideally you have the following background:
- Can build and operate both batch and real-time data pipelines producing quality data products.
- Build best practice data pipeline components supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, job dependency and workload management
- Advanced SQL and DDL skills, and experience of designing complex metadata driven database solutions using stored procedures, functions, external routines etc.
The candidate should also have experience using several of the following software/tools:
- Experience of cloud based modern data platforms like Azure Synapse, AWS Lake Formation, Databricks, Snowflake is considered an advantage
- Experience of modern data pipelines using Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, StreamSets is considered an advantage
- Experience of data virtualization tools is considered an advantage
- Experience of application and infrastructure automation using DevOps and DataOps is considered an advantag
- Experience from the financial industry is considered an advantage
Don’t fit all the above but share the same passion for data as we do and still think you can be a good fit in our team? We are currently hiring several cloud data engineers and we’d love to hear from you!
You are able to communicate well in both English and Norwegian – verbally and in writing.
What can we offer you?
In addition to being part of a team of highly skilled professionals you will get challenging tasks that allow you to grow professionally in the company, competitive terms, a strong engineering culture, and good career opportunities in an informal environment.
We have our own professional groups that you’ll become part of, we have tech talks across the teams, and we bring in professionals internally in DNB and from outside the company who talk about future trends in technology. It should be inspiring to work with us, we therefore have a good balance between development tasks and professional groups within your profession.
We offer good pension conditions, employee terms on DNBs products, insurance schemes, access to resorts in Norway and abroad, sports, cultural and other activities plus a wide range of discount schemes. We know the value of good work-life balance, so we also have flexible working hours, extra days off and reduced working hours from May to August (summertime!).
Do you want to be our new colleague and Data Engineer?
A job in Norway's largest financial group offers professional challenges in an exciting work environment with many opportunities. DNB strives to create an inclusive workplace where people thrive and feel comfortable. We believe that equality and inclusion boost innovative thinking and collective competency which contributes to create an attractive and flexible company equipped for a changeable business landscape.
We are looking for skilled and motivated employees to meet customer needs and to achieve our goals. With so many varied disciplines and exciting opportunities in the future, we are looking for employees with different background, age and expertise. Are you engaged in focusing on the customer, and in addition fit our values: curious, brave and responsible, you might be exactly the person we need.
CI/CD, AWS, DataOps, SQL, Azure
Spørsmål om stillingen
Dronning Eufemias gate 30, 0191 Oslo
|Sist endret||15. sep. 2021 12:45|