Trondheim International School søker en bibliotekar!
- Trondheim International School
ThIS is offering a 100% substitute position as a School Librarian from 06.12.21 to 02.12.22
- Operate and manage a student-friendly school library in collaboration with teaching staff and students
- Facilitate library lessons, read-alouds, book talks, workshops for classes/ students
- Provide student supervision, appropriate Information Literacy Skills instruction and other instruction in support of the instructional goals of the school
- Partner with the teaching staff in the development of student literacy
- Plan and teach collaborative lessons with classroom teachers
- Establish systems and routines that promote student responsibility
- Consult with teachers regarding curriculum resource needs
- Communicate with students and parents regularly
- Monitor and implement the ThIS Library annual operational plan and annual calendar
- Manage the library budget line
- Order, process, catalogue and renew materials and digital resources for academic support
- Ensure safety procedures are followed
- Model the qualities of a life-long learner as well as the Learner Profile attributes
The working language of the school is English. Both international and Norwegian School Librarians are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- Degree in Library Science and/or teaching experience is strongly preferred
- If you are educated outside of Norway, applicants need to provide degree certification documents from NOKUT
- Demonstrated experience building and managing library collections or working with automated library systems
- Current police record check (politiattest) must be provided if offered a position
- Knowledge about the IB programs is preferred, but not required
- International work experience is desired, but not required
- Fluent in English
We are looking for an internationally-minded School Librarian that is willing to contribute to an active school community, with a collaborative and open-minded approach.
Our school is offering the International Baccalaureate Primary Years 1-6 and the Middle Years 7-10 educational programs to students of Norwegian and International Citizenship.
Our staff student body includes about 40 nationalities. The IB Learner Profile teaches the life skills and attitudes that enable students to successfully collaborate with others, to appreciate and value diversity in ideas, people and culture, and to express a passion for life as 21st Century learners!
Our school is a publicly funded Norwegian independent school (friskole). It operates according to the Independent School Act (Friskoleloven). 85 percent of tuition is state-funded and 15 percent is derived from student tuition. A professional foundation Board of Directors governs the school.
The school provides both internal and external professional development opportunities for all staff.
Salary is according to the KS salary table and pension according to the school’s local Working Conditions Agreement.
- Festningsgata 2, 7014 Trondheim
- Barn, skole og undervisning
- Arkivar og bibliotekar,
- Undervisning og pedagogikk
bibliotekar, bibliotek, internasjonal, lærer, grunnskole
Spørsmål om stillingen
Festningsgata 2, 7014 Trondheim
|Sist endret||15. sep. 2021 10:13|