Technical Safety - Discipline Manager and Subject Matter Expert
- BW Offshore
- Technical Safety - Discipline Manager and Subject Matter Expert
BW Offshore builds on four decades of offshore operations and project execution to create tailored offshore energy solutions for evolving global markets. We recently won a major gas FPSO development project in North-Western Australia and also invested in and listed French floating wind company BW Ideol. BW Offshore is adapting to a rapidly changing world, capturing opportunities that arise in the ongoing global energy transition.
BW Offshore islooking for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our Engineering team. The position will also cover managing the technical safety department and the successful candidate shall be the Subject Matter Expert in BW Offshore for projects as well as our fleet of FPSOs in operation. We are seeking a self-driven and motivated individual, with a strong ability to think strategically and demonstrate ownership. And who is strong in design and operational aspects of the various fields of technical safety.
The position will be located in Oslo and report to Head of Asset Engineering and Maintenance. The role plays an active part in BW Offshores work related to tender and Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) studies, project execution and Asset Engineering for our FPSOs in operation. Traveling to other BWO offices will be required as well as occasional offshore trips to our FPSOs.
Applicants will be considered consecutively. Please contact us with any questions regarding the position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Hold the role as Principal Technical Safety Engineer in studies/Projects and tenders/bids as well as fleet operation
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General technical safety considerations
- Fire and explosion protection
- Active and passive fire protection systems
- Area classification
- Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)
- Fire and gas detection
- Escape, evacuation and rescue
- Management and coordination of 3rd party safety studies
- Provide input to, develop and maintain company engineering standards, best practices and other technical documents
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines
- Cooperate with, and support Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams
- Liaise with Class, Regulators and Client
- Masters degree in Engineering
- Bachelors degree and / or long relevant experience may replace formal education
- Ideally 10+ years of relevant experience within the offshore industry
- 3-5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Experience from engineering of large offshore developments
- Experience from fleet/operations support
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment
- In-depth knowledge of technical safety design
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Professional challenges
- A competitive compensation package
- A good insurance and pension scheme
- An open and friendly working environment
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or other corporate offices
BW Offshore engineers innovative floating production solutions. The Company has a fleet of 14 FPSOs with potential and ambition to grow. By leveraging four decades of offshore operations and project execution, the Company creates tailored energy solutions for evolving markets world-wide. BW Offshore has around 2,000 employees and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
We engineer offshore production solutions to progress the future of energy.
- Drammensveien 151, 0212 Oslo
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Teknisk sikkerhet/QHSE,
Safety, Engineering, Projects, Energy, FPSO
|Sist endret||14. sep. 2021 13:18|