- Oslo universitetssykehus HF
- Senior engineer
The successful candidate will be part of a broad competence team located at the Institute for Cancer Research, practicing knowledge sharing and development, which provides a good environment for building future career competence within bioinformatics. The core facility is organized under the Department of Core Facilities at the Institute for Cancer Research which joins seven regional core facilities offering cutting-edge technology (link). We have a tight collaboration with the different core facilities, and research environments at Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo, including the Bioinformatics Center at the Department of Informatics and the University Center for Information Technology (USIT) at the University of Oslo.
The position will be for two years, with possibilities for extension.
Oslo University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. We believe this is absolutely crucial to solving the tasks required of us. We therefore want this diversity to be reflected among the applicants for our positions and encourage everyone to apply regardless of who you are and what background you have.
Duties and responsibilites
The successful candidate will participate in providing bioinformatics data analysis services to researchers in the Helse Sør-Øst region. The services comprise various kinds of high throughput sequencing data analysis, but also includes other kinds of “omics” data, like microarray and proteomics data, as well as other types of high throughput molecular data like protein structure and mass cytometry
The types of analyses will vary from genomic analysis for mutation calling and variant annotation to transcriptomic analysis for gene expression analysis for bulk and single cell data. In addition, services will include epigenomic analysis including DNA methylation, DNA-protein interactions, as well as biostatistics, scripting, and web services
Part of the candidates’ work will be to help researcher/research groups with their bioinformatics needs, including development and set up of infrastructure and tools for data analysis. The candidate will also provide assistance with organizing courses/workshops and presentation of the core facility services through seminars. The candidate will help coordinate the service activities together with core facility personnel and leadership
- Completed PhD in bioinformatics, or similar education, or master’s degree in bioinformatics with considerable experience. A PhD degree will be an advantage
- Advanced skills in bioinformatics are required, and the candidate must document good programming abilities. Competence in biostatistics and HPC will be an advantage
- Practical experience in user support, and a good grasp of molecular biology will be an advantage
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are required
College / University, Master's degree or above, or equivalent.
- The candidate should be able to work independent as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills are required as the successful candidate is expected to interact closely with the members of the core facility and research groups
- Good documentation skills is required
We can offerA 2 year position with possibility of extention.
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialized hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments. As Scandinavia’s largest hospital, we carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments each year. The hospital has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments, and has several national centers of competence. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and health care research conducted at Norwegian hospitals, and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel.
- Ullernchausseen 70, 0379 Oslo
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
ingeniør, forskning, kreft, radium, kjernefasilitet
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Professor Eivind Hovig
- Scientific Leader Bioinformatics Core Facility
- 22 78 17 78
Ullernchausseen 70, 0379 Oslo
|Sist endret||14. sep. 2021 15:22|