Senior Finance Partner (CFO) for Personal Banking Norway
- Senior Finance Partner (CFO) for Personal Banking Norway
Job ID: 2964
Job Country: Norway
Job City: Oslo
The banking environment is changing rapidly, our customers have a lot of new requirements for us, and we are constantly adapting in focused deliveries on best in class services and solutions. It is an exciting time for you to join us.
Who we are
In the Personal Banking CFO team we support long-term value creation in both Personal Banking (PeB) and Nordea as a whole. We serve as finance partners in the management teams in PeB, and based on our financial competences and insights, as well as business knowledge and understanding, we support and challenge performance in collaboration with our stakeholders to drive future performance and value creation.
Personal Banking Norway serves more than 1 million customers through 800 employees and digital channels. We offer a variety of products to our customers, from housing and consumer finance loans to savings & investment services. Business volumes amount to EUR ~40bn, generating an annual revenue of EUR ~0,5bn.
In the finance team, we have embarked on a transition toward a more empowered finance function with stronger management of financial performance. Hence, we are looking for a full scope CFO profile for PeB Norway, who can partner in the local management team to drive value creation through insight and engagement and robust financial information and controls.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You will be a key member of the PeB Norway leadership team and act as a strategic and commercial partner to the Head of PeB Norway. You will proactively challenge status quo, helping the business develop and implement a robust company and finance strategy in line with the group proposition and ever-changing customer needs.
The primary aim of this role is to lead and manage the financial performance of PeB Norway in close and proactive partnership with the leadership team, optimising business performance and ensuring adequate analysis to support key decision making in line with revenue, cost, capital consumption and profitability targets. You will play a key role in driving the financial planning, capital consumption and performance discussions also with a forward-looking focus to ensure a strong financial perspective in the dictational choices of the business.
You will work closely also with your colleagues in the Personal Banking CFO team, Group Financial Management and Group Finance at large – an facilitate the finance value chain that supports financial management in PeB. With that, you will be expected to:
- Be the ‘go to’ person and strategic partner for the Head of PeB Norway in running the business and proactively challenging status quo, developing lead indicators for the performance of the business.
- Maintain a constant watch over the financial performance of PeB Norway, ensuring a granular understanding of all P&L-, balance sheet-, capital- and liquidity aspects of the business.
- Proactively establish processes and ad hoc analyses to describe implications of business decisions and other factors impacting the business areas.
- Assist and advise senior management in evaluating profitability improvements and strategic growth programs, ranging from operational enhancements to business development opportunities.
- Contribute to the strategic development of Group Finance as part of the CFO leadership team. Have a high degree of interaction and cooperation with many stakeholders on various levels of the organisation – and build a positive and trusting relationship with these.
The role is based in Oslo.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Are you motivated by working with a complex business landscape, driving strong performance and engaging with a variety of stakeholders? And do you have solid understand of financial and business controlling? Then we would love to hear from you!
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You are analytical, are interested in the key drivers within the banking industry and most of all eager to learn and develop together with us.
You will need a high level of energy and to be able to maintain overview in complexity. You should be comfortable and used to working in a high-paced environment, with many deliverables and diverse responsibilities, against oftentimes tight deadlines.
Your experience and background:
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Nordea’s financial systems and tools is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
If this sounds like you, We'd like to hear from you!
Please submit your application no later than 30/09/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Jørgen Willum Travis (Acting Personal Banking CFO) on +45 40 84 68 15, or Randi Marjamaa (Head of Personal Banking Norway) on +47 928 01 021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.
Nordea is a leading Nordic universal bank. We are helping our customers realise their dreams and aspirations – and we have done that for 200 years. We want to make a real difference for our customers and the communities where we operate – by being a strong and personal financial partner.
- Essendrops gate 7, 0368 Oslo
- Bank, finans og forsikring
- Økonomi og regnskap
Spørsmål om stillingen
Essendrops gate 7, 0368 Oslo
|Sist endret||17. sep. 2021 16:39|