Do you want to join our team as a Senior Design Engineer ?
- NOV Inc.
- Senior Design Engineer
NOV Completion Tools has an immediate opening for a Senior Design Engineer to be based out of Stavanger, Norway. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of design engineers who conceptualize, design, build prototypes, test and sustain our downhole completion tool product portfolio. Your role will also include interaction with our sales, operational and manufacturing departments. The successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager and work as part of an international team of engineers. In this role, you will take ownership of multiple projects undertaking all engineering activities relating to each project including design, development, testing, calculations, producing drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and documentation, while resolving issues that arise at all stages.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform full lifecycle product development (conceptualize, design, prototype and qualification testing)
- Focus on new product development taking products from new concepts to commercialization
- Verify design by using sound engineering calculation principles
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Take part in reviewing drawings and documentation
- Carry out sustaining work and product improvement on existing product portfolio
- Contribute in concept and design reviews.
- Attend product-related meetings or reviews with customers
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as may be reasonably expected by the role
- Travel is occasionally required as dictated by project needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline (essential)
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in design of downhole oilfield equipment. Candidates with longer experience are welcome to apply. (essential)
- Experience in New Product Development and managing R&D projects (essential)
- Design experience of downhole completion and/or intervention products (essential)
- Have a track record of problem-solving and innovation (essential)
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (essential)
- Be able to manage multiple projects effectively (essential)
- Strong experience with CAD modelling software and engineering drawing (essential)
- Ability to write high quality engineering documents and reports (essential)
- Working knowledge of FEA and supportive hand calculation (essential)
- Proficient in written and spoken English (essential)
- Background in mechatronics and experience developing electro-mechanical tools (desirable)
- Professional proficiency in Solidworks (desirable)
Join our Global Family:
We offer an inspiring place to work with great opportunities to develop your skills and the opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the oil and gas industry. You will become part of a professional culture where we work together in teams with other dedicated professionals to achieve common goals.
National Oilwell Varco (NYSE: NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations. NOV powers the industry that powers the world. Visit www.nov.com for more information.
- 4033 Stavanger
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Boreteknikk/drilling,
design, engineer, downhole, completion, project
|Sist endret||14. okt. 2021 00:04|