Product Manager - Curate
- Product Manager - Curate
Do you want to help some of the most important newspapers in Norway and Sweden to create the best possible front page experience for their readers? Come join us!
We are looking for a product manager for our Curate team in Schibsted News Media. Curate is a part of the Shared Products and Platforms department (SPP). Curate delivers products that enable our newsrooms to optimize the content offering on their front pages, combining data science and the expertise of our front editors. The goal is to deliver front pages that give readers the most important news and that are also highly engaging!
Curate has two main products:
- Algorithms that automate and optimize which articles are shown, in what order, to which users.
- A front page tooling that allows the front editors to have manual control over the most important stories.
The team has proved the founding bet: automation and personalization are great additions to the curation done manually by editors and we are now in the process of scaling and improving the offering.
The newsrooms using Curate today are Aftenposten, Aftonbladet, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad and Schibsted’s local newspapers. In addition, Polaris is onboarding their newspapers over the next 6 months and we are also looking at how Curate could serve Svenska Dagbladet and VG.
Since our products support both business and editorial needs, you will work with editorial staff, other product managers and of course the rest of the brilliant Curate team! The team is cross-functional with everything it needs to realize its mission including skills within engineering, UX and data science.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Make sure we deliver value to our newsrooms and build great products, based on a long term strategic vision and clear product strategy
- Set clear priorities for the team - balancing user needs, business needs, editorial requirements, and technical considerations
- Engage with your stakeholders on a regular basis - gathering input, communicating progress, setting expectations
- Make sure we keep track of KPIs that are crucial for success
- Contributing in the larger context of our Product and Tech organisation
- Looking after the well-being of the team together with your Engineering Manager and Tech Lead
Who are you?
- You are an experienced product manager with great a user / customer focus
- You have a very analytical mindset
- You thrive collaborating across disciplines, and with people in all parts of our organization - empathic communication, curiosity, and knowledge is key
- You are happy to be challenged and to challenge others. Curate is creating the future for our newsrooms while safeguarding decades of knowhow. So you can both challenge the status quo and be a great listener to others’ needs
- You have some experience working in or managing distributed teams and are able to do some travelling
- Experience from working in a news organisation and/or with data driven products is a great advantage
- You like to have fun! We believe we work better when we have fun as a team!
- You are fluent in English and can communicate in Norwegian or Swedish
Place of work: You will join our office in Oslo or Stockholm. We can offer a hybrid workplace solution where you can choose to work from home 2-3 days a week and the other days from the office.
Are you curious and want to learn more?
Please contact hiring manager:
Martine Torp Lund, Head of Product for the Create domain in SPP
+47 90727117, firstname.lastname@example.org
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Product & Tech is responsible for product development and technology platforms for News Media brands. The unit consists of product managers, software engineers, UX experts, and user researchers. Most of our teams work distributed, with colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow, Gdansk, Bergen, and Stavanger.
|Sist endret||15. sep. 2021 11:32|