Subsurface Data Manager
- DNO ASA
- Subsurface Data Manager
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norways oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq (KRI), DNO currently produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke and Peshkabir oil fields.
DNO is seeking to appoint an experienced Subsurface Data Manager to support the subsurface teams working on the KRI assets. The roles main objective is to structure, manage and maintain the companys subsurface (GIS & G&G & RE) data for the DNO Kurdistan assets.
The Subsurface Data Manager will be a key member in the Subsurface Department and interact with the teams in Oslo and Dubai, as well as our Data Management team at DNO Norge in Stavanger. The position will be based in DNOs corporate Oslo headquarters.
1) Building and maintaining the digital databases for Petrel-Studio, Kingdom, KAPPA, ArcGIS and GoogleEarth
- Define projection systems and QC spatial positioning of technical data
- Create and manage master projects for subsurface teams
- Load seismic & well data, completion schematics & test data and other GIS & G&G data
- Load interpretation data like well tops, horizons, surfaces, faults, etc.
- Ensuring master and local interpretation projects are backed-up
- Maintain consistency of data between databases and manage data transfer/exchange
- Be proactive in pursuing continuous quality improvement in the loading process of subsurface data
2) General subsurface data management and exchange between DNO corporate, subsidiaries, partners, auditors and government authorities:
- Preserve final versions of interpretations, prospects, geological/reservoir models (static & dynamic)
- Make working versions of interpretation projects available to Corporate Subsurface for collaboration and interaction with BUs
- Manage NBD technical databases and ensure they are compliant with CAs (e.g. delete data rooms after expiry)
- Create and manage data room projects
- External data submission to partners, auditors and government authorities where required
3) Physical data
- Build and maintain databases of inhouse key physical data (e.g. CD/DVD, hard disks, thin sections)
- Supervise and manage external data storage and archives (e.g. seismic tapes & cartridges, core data)
- Ensure physical data is kept securely and according to DNO specifications
4) Third Party (TP) Vendors of geo-technical data & services (IHS, Merlin Datawise, etc.)
- Update internal databases with licensed TP data
- Coordinate internal requirement for TP data
- Technical support to TP contract negotiations
5) Create consistent data management structure, routines and specifications, e.g.
- Disk & file system (e.g. server data, MS Sharepoint, MS Teams)
- Naming conventions
- Data loading procedures and records
- Technical data distribution & receipt, e.g. to and from partners & authorities
- Other specifications
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Geoscience or IT and 10+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in oil industry subsurface data management with databases or applications like Petrel-Studio, ArcGIS, GoogleEarth, Kingdom
- Working knowledge of GIS, G&G & RE data (e.g. seismic, well logs, satellite data, interpretation data, projection systems)
- Highly structured, proactive and able to find suitable and adequate solutions
- Data accuracy, technical rigor and high attention to detail
- Effective prioritization and management of diverse projects
- Managing interfaces across DNO technical teams
- Team player as well as ability to work independently
- Organizational planning skills
DNO ASA is Norways oldest oil and gas company and our long history has taken us from the North Sea to the Middle East. The Company was founded in 1971 and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. In 2004, DNO was the first international company to enter the Kurdistan region of Iraq and today the Company has grown to become the regions largest international oil producer and holds operated stakes in licenses at various stages of exploration, development, and production. DNO re-entered the North Sea during 2017 through the establishment of DNO Norge AS. The Company also has licenses in the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Yemen.
- Dokkveien 1, 0250 Oslo
- Olje og gass
|Sist endret||13. sep. 2021 12:58|