Strategisk rådgiver ved NORCE Klima og Miljø
- Strategy Advisor for NORCE Climate and Environment Department
The position will be placed within the NORCE Climate and Environment department. The department has approximately 160 researchers. Half of the department is working on environmental research and biotechnology.
The other half is dedicated to climate studies conducting both basic and applied research on the past, present and future climate system, on anthropogenic climate change and its impact on societies, and on the feasibility of climate change mitigation options. In particular the climate part of the department is also a partner in Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research.
Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research (BCCR) uses observations, models and theory to study past, present and future climates. BCCR has leading expertise within climate understanding, climate modelling, predictions and scenarios for climate changes and quantification of climate changes. BCCR consists of partners from NORCE, University of Bergen, Marine Research Institute and the Nansen Centre. It is the largest climate research centre in the Nordic countries and among the leading centres in Europe. Working environment at BCCR is highly international with around 200 scientists from 37 countries.
About the position
There is a vacant 100% permanent position as a Strategy advisor for the department, with research advice focusing on the funding opportunities within Horizon Europe and Norwegian Research Council as primary ??responsibility.
Climate and Environment Department in NORCE has a clear ambition to increase research projects portfolio and strengthen international research collaboration. Together with other strategic advisors in the company, you will play a key role in the work of achieving this goal. You will be part of a network of experienced and development-oriented research advisers, who work closely with our professional research environment. You will also work closely with department director, research leaders in the department, project economists and HR.
Strategy Advisor will have an advisory role to the department management team, and assist department's researchers in identifying relevant funding opportunities, in project application phase, contract negotiations and project implementation. You have a good understanding of your service role towards our researchers and management team, and of the role of research in society.
Strategy Advisor reports to director of Climate and Environment department.
- Assistance to the department's researchers in identifying relevant funding opportunities and increasing the portfolio of externally funded research and innovation projects; coordination and quality assurance of applications and application processed, especially towards the EU Framework programmes.
- Advising management on strategic issues.
- Outreach activities to researchers to stimulate application activity.
- Lead information initiatives which increase the researchers insight and influence in the Horizon Europe programme, including presentations and information meetings for researchers.
- Facilitation of international research collaboration.
- Active participation in the department's interdisciplinary network and other relevant networks at NORCE.
- Update and report on the department's EU project portfolio and incentive schemes.
- Administrative coordination of EU projects can be assigned to the position depending on the competence and interests of the person being appointed. Project coordination tasks may amount to 50% of the position.
- Relevant higher education at master level
- At least 5 years of experience with applications in research and innovation projects
- Solid knowledge of the Research Council of Norway's policy instruments
- Experience with strategy and development work and from strategic consulting
- Experience with EU's Horizon Europe Work Programme and research funding opportunities
- Experience supporting overall coordination and management of research project activities
- Experience from information and dissemination activities
- Updated knowledge of digital collaboration tools
- Knowledge of EU data management requirements.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately and independently
- Analytical, strategic skills
- Flexible, service-minded and quality-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
We can offer
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, possibility to influence your own work and choice of solutions.
How to apply
Your application should be written in English and must include the following:
- A cover letter outlining your interests and motivation for applying for the position
- Names and contact information of two references
- Transcripts, diplomas and relevant certificates
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at our recruitment portal Jobbnorge.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact: Dr. Trond Dokken (email@example.com). Questions about the application process can be directed to senior HR Adviser Julia Dale (firstname.lastname@example.org).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 20th, 2021
NORCE is a new and forward-looking research institute, with expertise in a wide range of fields and strong communities of knowledge. We deliver research and innovation in energy, health care, climate, the environment, society and technology.
Our solutions address key challenges for society and contribute to value creation on the local, national and global levels.
- Jahnebakken 5, 5007 Bergen
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
|Sist endret||7. sep. 2021 18:05|