Sustainability, emission reductions, fuel performance optimization
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean AS
- Vessel Performance Engineer
Vessel Performance EngineerWe are looking for a Vessel Performance Engineer with a proactive mindset that can strengthen our work to improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions for Wallenius Wilhelmsen’s large fleet of vehicle carriers.
The shipping industry is experiencing a strong focus on sustainability and emission reductions. As Vessel Performance Engineer, you will play an important role to optimize fuel performance and operations of Wallenius Wilhelmsen’s vessels and fleet. This offers a great opportunity to make a real difference in reducing our carbon footprint and finding the best solutions for us.
You will work with performance monitoring and energy efficiency improvement initiatives, ranging from the development of monitoring systems and data analysis to the preparation and implementation of plans for technical and operational energy efficiency upgrades. Our fleet is undergoing a digital transformation programme with a solution that now streams live high-frequency performance data to shore, which provides the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art monitoring and energy efficiency optimization of the operations.
You will work in close collaboration with several stakeholders in Wallenius Wilhelmsen and externally including our ship managers and crew. You will become part of a highly skilled and enthusiastic team in a large global organization. The position reports to Senior Manager Energy Efficiency & Performance in the Marine Operations Management team, Wallenius Wilhelmsen’s technical and operational competence center.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Monitor and analyze ship and fleet performance data. Provide fact-based insights and reports for decision support and optimization of operations, follow up potential improvement areas, and assist with performance related issues.
- Support the development of performance monitoring dashboards and analysis functions.
- Maintain and improve energy efficiency policies and vessel instructions. Monitor and follow up the vessel’s performance KPIs.
- Identify and evaluate relevant energy efficiency upgrades, technical or operational. Prepare, initiate and follow up ship-specific emission reduction plans and upgrades to achieve corporate and regulatory sustainability targets.
- Lead and participate in activities and projects assigned to the role within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Support the team and organization with competence and daily tasks related to energy efficiency, performance monitoring and optimization.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 years technical or operational experience from the maritime transportation industry.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. level degree in engineering (e.g., Marine Engineer, Naval Architect, or Mechanical Engineer) or chief engineer.
- Proven competence in ship performance and energy efficiency.
- Experience from ship operation and/or performance management is a strong advantage – e.g., background from ship owner/operator/manager, seagoing position, or performance monitoring and analysis role.
- Domain knowledge in propulsion and auxiliary machinery and systems, or background from working with monitoring or operations of the same, is an advantage.
- A desire to help save the climate and find greener solutions.
- Self-driven, solution-oriented and with a practical approach.
- Ability to take a leading role to ensure that initiatives and projects are implemented and followed up.
- Good communication skills and works effectively with multicultural teams in an international environment.
- Keen interest in working with performance data and energy improvement initiatives.
- Fluent English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong team player.
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Travel: Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
What you can expect working in Wallenius Wilhelmsen:
You can expect hard work, a lot of fun and to be challenged every day. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. Your initiative and desire to contribute in developing the company globally are expected and appreciated. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in their industry, and always striving to take an active role in defining the future of logistics, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Does this sound like you? Then we are looking forward to learning more about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources at +47 924 96 992 Please submit your application letter and CV in English by clicking on the application button as soon as possible and no later than 4th October 2021.
We are Wallenius Wilhelmsen, a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, managing the distribution of cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk to customers all over the world.
Our purpose is to build sustainable supply chains, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea. Our goal is a zero emission full-lifecycle supply chain for vehicles; working in partnership with customers and business partners we can get there.
We are 9,500 dedicated employees in 29 countries worldwide, headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Our main brands are Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR, ARC and Armacup. The world will keep surprising us, and we will take an active role in defining the future of logistics.
Sustainable logistics for a world in motion.
Machinery skills, Ship operator, Ship Operations, Chief Engineer, Performance Management
|Sist endret||6. sep. 2021 10:46|