Project Manager Sustainability Metrics
- Skretting AS
- Project Manager Sustainability Metrics
Skretting, Nutreco’s aquaculture business line, is seeking a Project Manager for further developing our understanding and executing an action plan to specify and reduce Nutreco’s environmental footprint (carbon, water, land use, etc.). As raw materials make up the vast majority of the footprint of Nutreco (e.g. 96% of the carbon footprint comes from raw materials we buy), this project manager supports the global procurement, sustainability, marketing, commercial and R&D team with gathering data, providing footprint insights and setting up Life Cycle Assessments of the raw material purchases, the sold products and the organization itself.
Next to that, this project manager will support the procurement team in several ongoing projects with suppliers, our innovation and feed formulation team and various industry collaborations. The LCA area is a growing one within Nutreco and we expect this person in due time to also be able to handle some managerial responsibilities for an LCA lead and an LCA analyst.
Driven by an internal desire to reduce our environmental footprint and increasing attention from our customers and suppliers, Nutreco is seeking a full time Project Manager Sustainability Metrics within the global Skretting procurement team, reporting to the Skretting Procurement Director. The location of this position is either the Skretting Division office in Stavanger, Norway, or the Nutreco office in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, based on the preference of the candidate.
The function of the Project Manager – Ingredient Sustainability will be to:
- Lead environmental impact and sustainability assessments of raw materials, products and the organisation, first yourself and in due time potentially to be hired as LCA team lead and analyst;
- Collect, update and improve inventory data based on methods consistent with Nutreco, LCA standards and industry best practices in order to perform Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) in SimaPro;
- Build and maintain databases with relevant footprint information, link them to other data systems, and develop (automated) reporting;
- In cooperation with Category Managers, liaise with suppliers to secure deeper understanding of footprints of our raw materials and supply chain, validate supplier’s footprint data, develop a footprint benchmarking system and identify options to practically reduce our footprint, e.g. to achieve Nutreco’s Scope 3 Science Based Targets;
- Support the business to identify options and best path towards meeting Skretting Sustainability Ambition 2025;
- Support category managers, OpCo's, Marketing and rest of organization with footprint information and its understanding;
- Communication of (global) procurement team, internal and external, represent the procurement team on Global Sustainability and Communication teams;
- Contribute to the development of environmental strategy and support Nutreco sustainability managers on projects and reporting, participate in Nutreco sustainability meetings;
- On the longer term, support commercial teams in developing products and services targeted towards and based on our understanding of the environmental footprint.
You will need a strong affinity to sustainability and actual experience in LCA, preferably in the food/feed sector or agriculture. Next to that, you need strong stakeholder and project management skills for the various LCA challenges that you will be dealing with both internally and externally. You also need to be structured, precise and creative in your thinking to come to concrete assessments and to master the balancing act between scientific robustness and applicability without making the job unnecessary difficult. A background in agriculture, environmental sciences/engineering or biological sciences and a strong analytical mindset is preferred.
We offer an exciting role in a growing industry in a growing team that is of great importance to Nutreco and Skretting. This role is very much connected to our purpose of Feeding the Future and that of our owners, SHV, of Courage to Care for generations to come. Your contribution to this purpose is invaluable for our future as a company and industry.
You will work a lot across functions, collaborating with the sustainability team in Nutreco, and our marketing, commercial, communication and R&D teams all over the world. Much customer, supplier and management attention has been, and will be, going into our footprint understanding and ability to act on it. This role is therefore an excellent starting point to have an impact on our company and develop yourself in the agri- and aquaculture industry.
Application deadline: 11.03.2022
Enquiries: please contact Robert van den Breemer, Skretting Procurement Director.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
- Sjøhagen 3, 4016 Stavanger
- Fiskeri og oppdrett,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Matvareproduksjon og -industri
|Sist endret||7. apr. 2022 15:36|