Freyr AS are hiring Media and Internal Communication Manager
- Freyr Battery Norway AS
- Media and Internal Communication Manager at Freyr
Media and Internal Communication Manager at Freyr
FREYR is planning to develop over 40 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to take a position as one of Europe’s largest cell suppliers. This is the equivalent of a turnover of more than 40 billion kroner. Our factories are to be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
The company will supply sustainably produced, cost competitive battery cells to the rapidly growing market for electric vehicles and energy storage in Europe and globally. We will also develop other markets in marine transportation, aviation and offshore oil.
For more information, see our home page: https://www.freyrbattery.com
Media and Internal Communication Manager
We are looking for candidates who want to shape the brand and narrative for one of the world’s first producers of green batteries enabling low-carbon energy transition in global transportation and energy systems.
FREYR Battery is going to build 5 factories in Mo i Rana in Norway over the next 4 years and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The person who takes on this role will manage national and global media communications and public affairs. The Media and Internal Communications Manager will also help shape a business-critical employee brand. We promise you an exciting and challenging time, where you will play an important part in executing FREYR Battery’s communication strategy.
We are looking for an experienced communication leader who can develop and implement a proactive national and international media strategy for FREYR Battery to support our business. The candidate must be able to build and bring with him/her relationships within media and work in close collaboration with IR and our VP Marketing in actively building our brand and telling our story externally. This role is also responsible for building and leading the internal communication arena in a fast-growing start-up including supporting the leadership team in their communication activities. Crisis communication will be part of the responsibilities.
Media and Internal Communication Manager is reporting to VP Communication and Public Affairs.
Main tasks include:
- Take initiative and execute creative communications ideas to make FREYR Battery’s brand engaging and exciting
- Generate ideas and execute communication strategy around our product, people and purpose
- Responsible for media outreach towards national and international media
- Be the company’s spokesperson in the media
- Write press releases, articles and opinion pieces
- Spearhead internal communication
- Manage leadership and crisis communication
Important internal relationships in the role:
- CEO and the top management team
- Employee Branding Advisor and Public Affairs Advisor (in the same team)
- Investor Relations (capital market communications)
- VP Marketing (in the Sales team)
- 10 years of experience working in a corporate communications team with minimum 5 years responsibility for implementing proactive media strategies
- Media spokesperson experience
- Strong writing capabilities
- Experience from a stock listed company is a plus
- Strong Norwegian and English skills written and oral necessary
- Minimum education at Bachelor level
- Dynamic and pro-active approach, with the ability to take initiatives in providing creative and new content
- Team-player, with the ability to share ideas in an effective way with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a can-do attitude
- Self-driven, flexible and highly organized when it comes to prioritizing tasks
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 12 september 2021
Start Date: To be agreed
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord, Phone: +47 948 57 202 / E-mail: email@example.com
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
- PR og informasjon
creative communications, brand, media outreach, company’s spokesperson
|Sist endret||13. sep. 2021 00:09|