Commissioning Engineer, Electrical, for Hydro Power Plants
- ABB AS
- Commissioning Engineer, Electrical, for Hydro Power Plants
ABB Norway PAEN (Process Automation and Energy Industries) is enabling safe, smart, and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the Oil, Gas, Chemicals, life sciences, power generation, and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize, and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years of domain expertise, we continue to innovate and re-shape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
The department of Site Activities is handling the Site Execution and Site Management towards various projects for PAEN covering multidiscipline engineering, Installation and Commissioning competency.
For our section Site Execution, we are seeking for a Commissioning Engineer for our Hydro and Power Plant projects. We are looking for a candidate preferably with good knowledge within the Hydro Power segment, in order to lead and perform (be hands-on) the commissioning work. However, good electrotechnical knowledge/understanding in combination with automation and general practical experience with Site work within the industry may also be relevant for further internal training. The work will mostly include interaction with domestic clients but also some international clients as well as wide contact within the ABB global organization. Due to the Security requirements and Hydro Power Plant regulations of Norway, the position requires that you hold Norwegian citizenship and can communicate fluently in Norwegian, both in writing and orally.
As Commissioning Engineer, you are accountable for delivery in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, cost estimates and safety requirements of the project. You may provide technical support for engineering, testing and installation. You lead and perform the commissioning activities.
In this role, you work close with the engineering, sales, contract managers, supply chain and customers.
It is natural for you to provide support, coordinate and advice both colleagues, customers and suppliers with your knowledge.
If you have the right skills / experience, but do not want extensive Site work, we are also open to design the position with more back office work towards engineering within Hydro Power Plant and shorter trips on Site for handle the Commissioning when required.
• Interaction with projects execution organizations for Hydro Power Plants
• Participate in preparation and/or Prepare for Site start up, installation, Commissioning and completion for Hydro Power Plants
• Participate in preparation and/or Making project specific Commissioning procedures
• Detect and test the electrical system
• Configure and test Intelligent Electronic Device and switches
• Red line markup
• Risk and quality management
• HSE management and reporting at Site
• Resource management at Site
• Query/Change Management at Site
• Work permit and SJA handling
• Relationship management against Customers/Sub-suppliers at Site
• Material handling management at Site
The position requires a structured person with good technical skills, cooperation skills and customer orientation.
B.Sc or equivalent preferable within power or automation. Minimum 3 years experiences within engineering, service, maintenance, installation and commissioning work in Hydro Power Plants. Experience with control systems (automation). Good knowledge of electrical installations, high and low voltage systems and control facilities / equipment. Certificate of apprenticeship, according to Norwegian regulations, as electrician (fagbrev). Lack of formal technical education may be compensated by relevant experience.
• English: Orally and Writing
• Norwegian: Fluent
• People orientation, team player and service minded
• Proactive, with high working capacity and capable of focus on solutions
• Result oriented
• Good Site contractual understanding and commercial awareness
• Good communication skills, written as well as orally
• A strong emphasis on HES and security of personnel related to Site activities
• Ability and wish for to undertaking responsibility
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Ability to interact, communicate, coordinate, delegate, follow up and determine
• Contributor to development of Site project team and department
• Ability to seek and find simple and practical solutions for complex problems
• Flexible related to mobility, due to periodical high travel activity must be expected. This is not limited in event of Site activities worldwide, as the Power Plants in Norway are normally remotely located (out in the countryside) and Site work requires weekly commuting and/or rotation work.
As your employer, ABB can offer:
• Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment
• Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers
• Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities
• Professional growth
• Competitive salary
• Flexible hours, good insurance and pension
• Various welfare programs, such as company cabins, fitness facilities etc.
• Possibility for international assignments
The location of the position is flexible but preferred to be close to one of our ABB offices, respectively: Oslo (Fornebu, by January 2022), Bergen, Stavanger and Stord.
Deadline for applying is soon as possible and within August 10th, 2021.
We look forward to your application letter and CV through our job portal
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com
- Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
- Antall stillinger
- Ole Deviks Vei 10, 0666 Oslo
- Flere arbeidssteder
- 5257 Kokstad,
- 4033 Stavanger,
- 5411 Stord
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kraft og energi,
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Automasjon og instrument,
Commissioning Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hydro Power, Automation, Site Activities
|Sist endret||27. aug. 2021 15:05|